Mystery Broadcasts 142.... 143.... ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
Mystery Frequency's showing up during Close Call they are all showing up as 143.4875, 143.5000, 142.9375, 142.6875, 142.3875 MHz NFN when the CC triggers i get a full strength signal that sounds like a open mike? no voice just a bit of static like its in a silent room, it stays open for 10 minuets or more, I cant find any reference as to what these channels are used for in the USA only Canada and Being in Walhalla SC on the edge of town there is not much around me But a Farm behind me and a few homes in front! anyone know what could be transmitting a strong signal on these Freq's?

saboken

Premium Subscriber
HMMM Federal

I wonder what/who it is? there is realy nothing close to me.unless it could be one of the Beta Test I am doing for Honeywell a Lyric Thermostat and Leak Freeze detector?

I did a search on just 142. and 143. and it looks like it is related to EXER Empire Challenge 2008 something to do with Boeing Net-Centric Upgrade on AWACS Aircraft at Empire Challenge.

i Guess it could be something military in nature flying over me? Radar?

Last edited:

ab5r

I read one FCC reference to aeronautical mobile use. Any airports close by?

saboken

Premium Subscriber
Nothing really

I read one FCC reference to aeronautical mobile use. Any airports close by?

I rarely hear any air traffic the only Air Strips within 40+ miles would be small private ones on farmlands without any buildings the only government here is the county courthouse and other county and state offices, nothing major since the whole county has less 75,045 people it maybe the most rual county in the state?

saboken

Premium Subscriber
Heres a Screenshot of my Area in Google maps Nothing I see Air Port like?

I rarely hear any air traffic the only Air Strips within 40+ miles would be small private ones on farmlands without any buildings the only government here is the county courthouse and other county and state offices, nothing major since the whole county has less 75,045 people it maybe the most rural county in the state?

Here's a Screenshot of my Area in Google maps Nothing I see Air Port like?

Attachments

• Walhalla.jpg
    Walhalla.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 419

ab5r

I'm not that familiar with aeronautical comms., but they have remote and automatic devices for communications and instruments. Could be some of that, but I cannot account for multiple frequencies that you are hearing. That's the limit of my guessing. (smile)

jstephens1

Feed Provider
I think Lockheed does repairs on c130s at Donaldson center. Maybe they are out testing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecps92

I would look at Cable TV if the Freq (Voice was as xxx.7500,)

I've never really had to track the Carriers but
http://eaglecomtronics.com/Cable_Television_Channel_-_Frequency_Chart.pdf
it looks like the Video would be at xxx.2500 and the Color at xxx.8300

So we move on...are all the Electronics off near-by ?
Computers, Monitors, Modems, other Receivers

Plenty of Electronics emit signals and since you are getting No Voice, it does sound like some sort of Device emitting it... Try turning off the entire power and see if you get it, then work your way back Breaker-by Breaker...keeping in-mind altho OFF many devices are instant on, so OFF-OFF means unplugged or kill the breaker

Mystery Frequency's showing up during Close Call they are all showing up as 143.4875, 143.5000, 142.9375, 142.6875, 142.3875 MHz NFN when the CC triggers i get a full strength signal that sounds like a open mike? no voice just a bit of static like its in a silent room, it stays open for 10 minuets or more, I cant find any reference as to what these channels are used for in the USA only Canada and Being in Walhalla SC on the edge of town there is not much around me But a Farm behind me and a few homes in front! anyone know what could be transmitting a strong signal on these Freq's?

Status
Not open for further replies.