Mystery data bursts on 413.1125

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

For the past few days I have been hearing these data burst that last about one second each with one second of silence between them. They sound somewhat like the old LORAN-C vehicle tracking system that Lafayette SO used way back in the 80's and 90's on 39.72 MHz. 413.115 falls in the federal range. Does anyone know what this could be?

ecps92

Head for your nearest Airport. :D
Should be the FAA for Stand Alone Weather System (SAWS)

For the past few days I have been hearing these data burst that last about one second each with one second of silence between them. They sound somewhat like the old LORAN-C vehicle tracking system that Lafayette SO used way back in the 80's and 90's on 39.72 MHz. 413.115 falls in the federal range. Does anyone know what this could be?

Tim-B

Yep, that must have been it. I even went as far as turning the squelch to max and hitting attenuate while monitoring the frequency and with all of that done I could only hear it within a couple of hundred feet of the antenna farm at the airport.

ecps92

Glad to help
Yep, that must have been it. I even went as far as turning the squelch to max and hitting attenuate while monitoring the frequency and with all of that done I could only hear it within a couple of hundred feet of the antenna farm at the airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.