Mystery Frequencies - East Central NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
These would be in the Columbia or Dutchess County areas
There is potential they are ACTUALLY NW Connecticut or Berkshrie County (although not licensed, if in BC)

Highway Deptartment - Dealing with icy roads
159.195 D125
460.0875 114.8

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
The 159.195 one is As per the data base The State Of Vermont "RM 125 DPL DOT Dist 1 District 1 (Bennington area) FM Public Works"

The 460 one could be one of the New Thruway Maint freqs. although the PL tone is off the plan i have seen on here some place.....Nice catches

Or on another note it could be http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2421131&__newWindow=false WHich gowith the Dutchess PL's i have seen.....although its fire not highway....

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
159.195 is almost certainly Vermont DOT. They have a repeater on that frequency in Bennington County, which is right up against Rensselaer County. The transmitter is putting out 250 watts from the top of a 3,800' peak, so I'd say it has some pretty darn good propagation.

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPDK894 - VERMONT, STATE OF

As far as 460.0875, it wouldn't be the Thruway. That frequency is only licensed as a base in one location, near Port Jervis (NY/NJ/PA border) and the radio tower is not even active anymore since the turnover of I-84 back to DOT. Also, the PL doesn't fit with the rest of the system.

ecps92

Mike 0875 also shows to Franklin County, could be new to FCROG?

These would be in the Columbia or Dutchess County areas
There is potential they are ACTUALLY NW Connecticut or Berkshrie County (although not licensed, if in BC)

Highway Deptartment - Dealing with icy roads
159.195 D125
460.0875 114.8

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Mike 0875 also shows to Franklin County, could be new to FCROG?

Not for DPW operations. As far as I know, all the FRCOG ops are strictly PD & FD. Also where I was (Southern Berkshire County, MA) is pretty terrain shielded from that system.

I was thinking Dutchess County with the 460.0875 one, based on my QTH.

And I didn't think to search Vermont. Thanks for that one.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Amenia - Which go with the Dutchess PL's i have seen.....although its fire not highway....

That one is the one I am leaning the strongest towards. In Great Barrington, for years the 155.76 frequency was listed to the fire district (like the Amenia one is), however it was used by all town wide plowing operations.

ecps92

-k

FYI, our little wiki there needs an overhaul as the Freq shows in the FCC but not for FCROG, wonder if they got some others we need to listen to ..

Not for DPW operations. As far as I know, all the FRCOG ops are strictly PD & FD. Also where I was (Southern Berkshire County, MA) is pretty terrain shielded from that system.

I was thinking Dutchess County with the 460.0875 one, based on my QTH.

And I didn't think to search Vermont. Thanks for that one.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Ameina Highway is on UHF now, I do not remember the exact freq, but I do remember installing VX-2200U's in a few of their trucks a year or two ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.