mystery mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

captncarp

I have a Bearcat BC560XLT. Nice radio and it has a external amplifier that plugs into it.
I tried to look it up in RR to see its history and cannot find it any list of Bearcats. checked several sites in hope of finding a review. Nothing.
I suspect it may be a special model made only for ScannerWorld in Albany NY.

Any one can enlighten me would be appreciated it.
I see one on Ebay the other day and that got my interest as I haven't seen them show up there very often.

DMC

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
25 year old plus analogue 16 channel scanner. Did the job back then and they were very to use and program.

DJ11DLN

Still got a couple of those in my junque collection. They were great little scanners back then. No search, no PL, no alpha tags...but I didn't know what any of that garbage was back when I got these anyway! Very easy to program and had good front ends. Both would still work if I had really much at all here to use 'em with, they were running fine when they ran mostly out of things they were capable of hearing.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I had one of those, too. Bought it at a local dealer, not Scanner World.
At the time it worked well. I only had a few channels I needed to listen to, so not having the full display wasn't an issue.
I sort of wish I still had one.

There is a company that made alert receivers out of them. It included an extra output connector for relay contacts.
ComTekk Alert Warning Receiver

DJ11DLN

I had one of those, too. Bought it at a local dealer, not Scanner World.
At the time it worked well. I only had a few channels I needed to listen to, so not having the full display wasn't an issue.
I sort of wish I still had one.

There is a company that made alert receivers out of them. It included an extra output connector for relay contacts.
ComTekk Alert Warning Receiver
I bought these from a Deputy when I was still an RDS. He was always wheeling and dealing something or other...from what I know now, they might have actually "fallen off of a truck somewhere," LOL. But it was a good deal: LE discount = $90 apiece, he was getting $120 from civilians and he had a hundred of them or more. Got one for self, one for mom to upgrade from her aging BC3. Mother's Day present and she was overjoyed once she got over scolding me for spending too much on her, LOL. Good memories. When she passed, there were only a few channels left here that it would pick up...but she had it with her in the nursing home. It was almost the only thing that made her smile those last few months.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I bought these from a Deputy when I was still an RDS. He was always wheeling and dealing something or other...from what I know now, they might have actually "fallen off of a truck somewhere," LOL. But it was a good deal: LE discount = $90 apiece, he was getting $120 from civilians and he had a hundred of them or more. Got one for self, one for mom to upgrade from her aging BC3. Mother's Day present and she was overjoyed once she got over scolding me for spending too much on her, LOL. Good memories. When she passed, there were only a few channels left here that it would pick up...but she had it with her in the nursing home. It was almost the only thing that made her smile those last few months.

Nice memory. My uncle was a police officer and my grandparents often had a scanner going if they knew he was on shift. They liked hearing him and knowing he was OK.

They were nice radios. I really like the basic form of them. I don't know what ever happened to it, probably sold it off.
I do remember I took that dang "Motorola" socket off the back and replaced it with a BNC shortly after I got it.

Maybe some day when I get nostalgic, I'll find a clean on on e-Bay.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember I paid about $120 for mine back in 1988 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.