Mystery P25 on 408.200

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Just exploring the 400 mhz band and heard/saw this P25 (NAC:201) transmission....coming through with errors. See photo. I searched online and all I could find was a cryptic description: "BP FPS USSS Uniformed Division (DC)" Maybe someone out there is familiar with this one? Signal strong here in Rhode Island. Monitored with SDR# & DSD Plus with RTL dongle and discone antenna. As I was typing this, just got a new transmission bit with different NAC's in there. No errors.....see pic (new) below. Also another brief transmission came through....VOICE, NXDN....see below.

Attachments

• mystery.JPG
    mystery.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 44
  • new.JPG
    new.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 44
  • nxdn.JPG
    nxdn.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 32

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I get slammed by 408.2 hear in Islip Terrace NY. There is a federal court house there. I am a few miles away and receive it without an antenna. Usually enc and when its clear its really nothing interesting. I really want a filter for that freq.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I get slammed by 408.2 hear in Islip Terrace NY. There is a federal court house there. I am a few miles away and receive it without an antenna. Usually enc and when its clear its really nothing interesting. I really want a filter for that freq.
That could be FPS, but could be USMS and/or their Court Security Officers.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
In my city, and several others, they are using the 170 mhz band with NAC of 293 for the federal courts, but 400 mhz with NAC of 201 for FPS

BC_Scan

Here in the West , that freq would slam into Vancouver from Seattle for which @ChrisP helped me correctly ID years ago, as the above mentioned entity. Today its ENC , still booms in !

Status
Not open for further replies.