Mystery Pager on 153.635

Status
Not open for further replies.

empireco

Been working on it myself, uploaded the audio from Clear ID first vid in above post into Adobe Audition and slowed down.

In Audition you can actually see the audio so I can see the Morse!

It's transmitting multiple callsigns and the first one appears to be WNUQ933 which is indeed in Cincinnati, the ULS website is down right now so I can't get the details yet, the next callsign starts with a K but I haven't banged it out yet.

Trying to upload a pic where you guys can see the audio from Audition but it keeps telling me the file is too big for the server to process.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Been working on it myself, uploaded the audio from Clear ID first vid in above post into Adobe Audition and slowed down.

In Audition you can actually see the audio so I can see the Morse!

It's transmitting multiple callsigns and the first one appears to be WNUQ933 which is indeed in Cincinnati, the ULS website is down right now so I can't get the details yet, the next callsign starts with a K but I haven't banged it out yet.

Trying to upload a pic where you guys can see the audio from Audition but it keeps telling me the file is too big for the server to process.

Looking at the license those are blowtorches. Licensed power 350w, max ERP 1950w.

ArloG

I don't read Morse that good anymore but fldigi came up with:

KQW769

KVG693

Run the audio through something like Poc32.

empireco

The second call is KQW769 and is also owned by Duke Energy with one of the transmitter sites also located in Cincinnati.

Since it won't upload a pic, here's a vid of how I ID'd it. Seems Adobe Audition can be a powerful tool to actually SEE the Morse from an ID for guys like me who don't do Morse.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like intermod from a 152.xxx MHz paging signal to me.
If you have a second receiver, search between 152 and 153 and see if you don't find a powerful matching signal in that paging band.
Something possibly mixing with a signal from a Duke Energy transmitter?

Do you live near a hospital?

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
I love a good mystery frequency once in a while.
I also wouldn't have come up with Duke Energy without searching the old forum posts, it was that post that started unraveling the rug.
Glad to have been of help :)

empireco

Yeah thanks for the help guys it was really fun to solve it.

Now I know EXACTLY what to do next time I hear a mystery station, as long as I can record the Morse ID,
I can pipe it into Audition and stretch it out until I can see the Morse and BOOM
no more mystery as long as it's in the FCC database!

Reactions: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.