Mythology of cable length?

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
I'm tired of this quest for the right information that for me does not seem to exist for me at all so please, somebody tell me how to build my own coax harness for dual antennas just the coax and only the coax is all I need info about with a dual application.
What type of coax should I use 75 ohm or 50 ohm or both, how long should I measure each strand of coax for the Y shaped coax harness ? No more web links that go nowhere and no more mathematical formulas.
Please just the type of coax and the lebgths

I have been in search of lasting over 2 years mostly online research for this tiny bit of information about making my own coax harness for a dual antenna setup for 11 meter that apparently cannot be shared by anyone or maybe a big coax manufacturing company for dual antenna setups will lose so much money forcing them into bankruptcy then shutdown if a single individual private citizen of USA learns the secret lengths needed in a DIY how to make they're own dual antenna harness the right way causing the rest of the world to follow suite and never purchase overpriced cheap wire prefabricated for dual antennas ever again.

Mount antennas and run 75-ohm RG59 to a UHF tee connector

IMG_2440.jpeg

Run 50-ohm RG58 to radio.

Leave some slack.

My preference would be to have enough length for coax choke/filters at each end. (3) total. Could be pre-made or DIY.

Best length is related to details of install. Pre-made harnesses have 75-ohm lengths of 18, 12 (rare) or 9’

This pretty much describes my work truck set-up.

IMG_4038.jpeg

Last edited: