N.a.c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

collhell

Premium Subscriber
Through a series of hits and misses, I spoke with a man who told me our digital radio is basically useless unless we have the N.A.C.'s (Network Access Codes) for our County. BUT, he wouldn't tell me what they were; said it's "secret," and I had to fish them out myself.

Anyone know what he's talking about?
Thanks!

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
It is the same as a PL/DPL code on an analog signal, each P25 conventional freq. has a nac code, if you have a digital capable radio or scanner just set it to P25 and you will be able to decode the signal.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If you're talking about a scanner, put it on NAC Search. It will find the NAC when they transmit. (Who wants to put money down on 293?)

If you're talking about getting a radio programmed so you (presumably you = an entity licensed to operate on said radio system) can use the channel, yes, you need the NAC. Without it, your transmissions will not be heard - it would be the same as trying to transmit on an analog channel without the right CTCSS (or as NC5267 puts them, PL/DPL) tone.

If you are programming a radio, and only want to listen, you can program in F7E (I'm not sure if this works in radios other than Motorolas, but it does work there) to receive "all" NACs. It won't tell you what the right one is, but you'll hear all digital transmissions (so long as they're not encrypted).

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
The DB says it's 295 for Cooke County (on 155.13) and 201 for Gainesville PD (on 155.43). Like Jay said, enter the freq and set it to NAC search and you'll find the right NAC (then press enter to store it). Also, Uniden radios are supposed to support F7E; not sure about GREs (or RS).

collhell

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all. This particular radio is a RadioShack Pro-106. Now, I'll have to decifer what you said into English!

Status
Not open for further replies.