N. Haledon Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
So recently I began pulling traffic (fire there of) on 156.225 DCS 445 which souned to be N. Haledon Fire. Database has them on LB and this channel shows for EMS.

Does anyone know if the Fire side is now working on this channel as well? I know some of the Haledon's EMS has gone by the wayside.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
So recently I began pulling traffic (fire there of) on 156.225 DCS 445 which souned to be N. Haledon Fire. Database has them on LB and this channel shows for EMS.

Does anyone know if the Fire side is now working on this channel as well? I know some of the Haledon's EMS has gone by the wayside.

Any info would be great.

Thanks
North Haledon EMS was using that after they formed, with the ending of Haledon Ambulance who were on 154.9950. As of 2017 North Haledon EMS is gone, with all 3 Towns North Haledon, Prospect Park and Haledon are now provided with EMS by Paterson Fire EMS division. The old North Haledon Fire Co. 1 building on Belmont Ave. that was used by North Haledon EMS was just in the news recently, its being auctioned off. Its logical the FD would use the repeater on 156.2250 DCS445, why they didn't long ago beats me. North Haledon Fire has always been on 45.4800 ever since I can remember. Now with Lowband equipment getting harder to find its logical, as the FD has highband radios for communicating with Haledon and NORCON.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
North Haledon EMS was using that after they formed, with the ending of Haledon Ambulance who were on 154.9950. As of 2017 North Haledon EMS is gone, with all 3 Towns North Haledon, Prospect Park and Haledon are now provided with EMS by Paterson Fire EMS division. The old North Haledon Fire Co. 1 building on Belmont Ave. that was used by North Haledon EMS was just in the news recently, its being auctioned off. Its logical the FD would use the repeater on 156.2250 DCS445, why they didn't long ago beats me. North Haledon Fire has always been on 45.4800 ever since I can remember. Now with Lowband equipment getting harder to find its logical, as the FD has highband radios for communicating with Haledon and NORCON.
I get that, so with confidence is N. Haledon Fire on there, I know I heard a few calls recently.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Did you guys see if it still patched to lowband?

I know Pompton Lakes and Riverdale still patches their UHF dispatch on tones only to lowband.

Status
Not open for further replies.