• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

N. Korea Launch Failed: Sabotage or Incompetence?

Sabotage or Incompetence...Why their missle didn't fly.

• Sabotage

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Incompetence

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JHaislet

Sabotage or Incompetence?

Was the US able to get someone on the inside to "fix" that tibodungdoohichie?

Or is N. Korea a bunch of bumbling idiots who couldn't launch a model rocket?

N

N_Jay

Incompetance, but remember we too, have had a "few" failures, so don't get too high and mighty!

ImTheWeasel

Oddly enough... N.K. Lauches their missiles at the same time we are launching our Shuttle. That surely doesnt look good for N.K.

Im sure someone else has already thought the same.

Go-24

The damn media is really spinning this as if NK was firing them at us instead of just testing!

If that were actually true, then by next week there wont be a NK!

JHaislet

ImTheWeasel said:
Oddly enough... N.K. Lauches their missiles at the same time we are launching our Shuttle. That surely doesnt look good for N.K.

Im sure someone else has already thought the same.
Sounds like they were trying to sneak it under the radar.

"Hey, let's fire all our missiles when the shuttle launches, since those silly American's will have all their equipment watching the shuttle and not us..."

Do they think our radar doesn't have the resolution to distinguish between the space shuttle and a podung flying piece of crap? :twisted:

car2back

Go-24 said:
The damn media is really spinning this as if NK was firing them at us instead of just testing!

If that were actually true, then by next week there wont be a NK!

IMO, If that were true, South Korea would be an Island with in an hour

tom_guess

Sort of makes you wonder how many Trident practice shots have been fired out in the Pacific from our SSBN's since NK launched theirs this afternoon?

10-95

The shuttle shot down the missles ! Actaully , probably sabotage.

CLB

I'm going with a mix of incompetance and "other".

Given the communist system's command and control heirarchy, Kim Jong Il probably just wanted to get the thing in the air to make everyone think he had the capablity. Sort of like how during the Cold War, all the Soviet nuclear powered subs were rushed into production with no regard for safety and confidence checks.

That and those poor people over there are starving. Hard to determine quantum nuclear physics when your government issues guidelines on how to boil grass and make flour from acorns.

Oh, and so what......They've got one missle as opposed to our 10,000.

Napalm

JHaislet said:
Sounds like they were trying to sneak it under the radar.

"Hey, let's fire all our missiles when the shuttle launches, since those silly American's will have all their equipment watching the shuttle and not us..."

Do they think our radar doesn't have the resolution to distinguish between the space shuttle and a podung flying piece of crap? :twisted:
Oh wow, that's a well reasoned argument isn't it :D

Just because they're "the other side" does not mean they're stupid.

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
this guy is a nut, he wants nuclear capibilities, but he can't even get a missle out of his own country, it would be nice to have a nuke land 2 towns away and kill 403843090230 people living there, he wants to prove something to the US and make us think we are scared of him or should be, i say withdraw out of iraq's nonsense, and get right to the point in north korea, this guy is the real threat, what if next time it makes it here, or to japan or somewhere, we waste all this time on iraq and afganistan sending troops over there by the thousands, we need more to get ready to kick some communist ass, i see something bad coming out of this

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
JHaislet said:

I think Chuck Norris may have had something to do with it.....

pathalogical

I think it's absolutely impossible for a missle from any country to fly all the way across the ocean and not be noticed, and hit the US. There is no way the US military will say "Gee, we didn't see that coming". They also said in the news that maybe NK were getting a bit sucky because Iran has been getting all the attention about their program. Maybe they finally got the chance to use this little toy. It was also shown on the Discovery Channel. http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_ABL,,00.html

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
JHaislet said:

So, you heard about us probably messing around with Sadams scuds in desert storm. :wink:

I voted other.

He is just trying to get our attention. Well I think we should give him the attention he deserves and desires.

Nuke tipped tomahawk missiles and B-2s one after another. :lol:

And the rockets red glare the bombs bursting in air gave proof.......

Last edited:

amusement

That "nut job" in N. Korea probably flipped out when his big missle exploided 40 seconds into flight. Trying to keep 'face' he launches five other short range missles to disguise the mistake.

On July 5th, the "nut job" launches another missle trying to hold 'face'.

It's hard to be a monolith of N. Korea when your missle program fails and N. Korean people are mostly starving.

Can't wait for the next "team america" movie.

Go-24

pathalogical said:
I think it's absolutely impossible for a missle from any country to fly all the way across the ocean and not be noticed, and hit the US. There is no way the US military will say "Gee, we didn't see that coming".
It would only take about 40 minutes or so for it to hit the west coast. Not a whole lot of time to jump into action. Whats to say our efforts to intercept it would not fail? Have we ever had to get into the air and knock something down in that amount of time?

dmg1969

I think Japan has much more to worry about than we in the U.S. I think it's safe to say that, if one of his missiles hit Japan, the capital of N.K. will cease to exist. My take on it is that he through up a few of the short to medium range missiles to see if we had anything in the area which would take take his "big boy". When he saw no resistance, he launched it and it utterly failed. Not wanting to admit failure, he launched a few more short rangers to hide the failure. I haven't read news accounts that closely to see what order they were fired in, but that's my thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.