N.Royalton switching to CLE new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

I completely missed this one.

Mike

NORTH ROYALTON: With the radio system for its safety forces in need of costly upgrades, North Royalton will soon join the city of Cleveland’s new $30 million radio system.

The city is currently part of the Southwest Regional Communications Network along with Brook Park, Strongsville, Berea, Middleburg Heights, Parma Heights, Olmsted Falls and Olmsted Township.

“The system we’re on right now is at the end of its life cycle,” said Safety Director Bruce Campbell. “If we were to upgrade our system to the industry standard, it would cost about $7 million.”

The city pays little more than $20,000 annually to operate the system. Joining the Cleveland system should cost about the same.

For joining the Cleveland system, the city will receive three new dispatcher consoles and other equipment valued at about $180,000. The move will mean the city leaves behind it’s one-antenna system in favor of a system with 14 antennas throughout the county.

The city’s dispatch units will remain intact, but will now have increased capabilities.

“If our dispatch center did happen to go down, we could send a dispatcher over to Strongsville and they could log onto a computer over there,” said Campbell.

The new system will also give safety forces that ability to communicate with other cities in event of a major disaster.

“The system is hugely robust,” said Campbell. “In North Royalton we have 1,162 radios on our system. The Cleveland system can handle up to 12,000 users and 30,000 radio IDs. Basically every police, fire and EMS unit in the county.”

Southest System

I knew the BIG move was going to happen and so is SouthEast also going maybe in 6 months like Bedford,Bedford Hts,Maple Hts ECT.
My friend who lives in North Ridgeville said hes getting Cleveland better now maybe the tower at Boston and Pearl is up and running on Clevelands system?

hope not keep dispatch in the open parma heights did that but went in the clear and made the tac encrypted i can live with that

Status
Not open for further replies.