N to F adapters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Can anyone tell me IF Radio Shack carries N to F adapters, I know I can order them online but I'm supposed to get my Cable with N connectors on it tomarrow and I'd like to get it up tomarrow if someone carries the adapter locally...Does anyone know if RS carries them?

prcguy

Radio Shack doesn't carry them. Be careful when shopping as some N to F adapters are 75ohm on the N side with a very thin center pin that will not mate with a 50ohm N.
prcguy
btritch said:
Can anyone tell me IF Radio Shack carries N to F adapters, I know I can order them online but I'm supposed to get my Cable with N connectors on it tomarrow and I'd like to get it up tomarrow if someone carries the adapter locally...Does anyone know if RS carries them?

btritch

prcguy said:
Radio Shack doesn't carry them. Be careful when shopping as some N to F adapters are 75ohm on the N side with a very thin center pin that will not mate with a 50ohm N.
prcguy

So what do I need? A 75 OHM N to F connector or a 50 OHM N to F connector and who has them?

Airdorn

I just bought a couple of male F to female N, and a couple of male BNC to female N adapters from Pacific Custom cable.

They shipped the products next day, but they use DHL, and it took DHL 8 days to deliver.

Still, the company itself was quick and professional.

http://www.pacificcable.com

btritch

It takes DHL FOREVER to deliver stuff!!! I have had things shipped DHL before and it took FOREVER! I'll just check my local RS for them, I looked on their website, I didn't find them on there..

prcguy

If the N connector is on a commercial scanner or communications antenna its going to be 50ohm, so you want a 50ohm N to F adapter. The F side is obviously 75ohm but the adapter doesn't really match between 50 and 75ohm, its kinda of a bogus adapter, but if you want to use TV coax thats what your stuck with. The 50ohm N to F adapter is much more common than the 75ohm version and I buy both types from Pasternack Enterprises. There not cheap, but when using a company credit card, who cares. See:
http://search.pasternack.com/Search.aspx?Query=n to f
prcguy
btritch said:
So what do I need? A 75 OHM N to F connector or a 50 OHM N to F connector and who has them?

btritch

Airdorn said:
I used the F-N adapter to connect some LMR-400 to a Scantenna.

THAT is what I want it for, Where'd you get them?

Never Mind, Found LInk Above, I'm sure that's it, LOL Is it 50 or 70 OHM Adapters? Wonder if RS can order them?

Status
Not open for further replies.