N-WIN Nebraska state radio system, full time encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
are the patrols and barracks using the encrypted TG's full time? or are those clear ones now encrypted? i get ID scan on the state system but i never hear anyone talk.

I'm assuming if it will ID scan or ID Search then it's programmed right?

W0JJK

The state system is a smart zone system, it will only have radio traffic if an end subscriber radio is affiliated to the specific site you are listening to.

This also means if the end subscriber radio’s talkgroup is not allow on that site, you won’t traffic either.

ID search will allow you to hear all radio traffic on the sites you are scanning. ID scan will only scan the talkgroups in the list you are scanning.

cm205

The state system is a smart zone system, it will only have radio traffic if an end subscriber radio is affiliated to the specific site you are listening to.

This is pretty much it - if there's no traffic on the tower you are monitoring, you will not hear anything.

Most NSP primary dispatch traffic remains unencrypted (although I have seen both dispatch consoles and unit mobiles go encrypted on the primaries channels, which suggests it is selectable), although each troop has encrypted dispatch and special use channels allocated. At least in the Troop A area pretty much all car-car and at-scene incident coordination occurs on the A Secure channels.

wbswetnam

If you live in a rural area, well away from I-80 or other major highway route, you may not hear much traffic on NSP. Only if there is a unit which is utilizing your local tower are you likely to hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.