N-WIN Unidentified talkgroups thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

33kracing

I stumbled across 2 talkgroups that i have not seen posted in the n-win database.... talkgroup 3075, and also talkgroup 3080. There happened to be 2 troopers "chatting" back and forth. When suddenly one asked the other if he wanted to try something that sounded like "sec" if i heard correctly. I switched my bcd996xt to search, found 3075 and 3080 mysteriously popped up with NO voice heard?. Or the scanner silenced the possible encryption. Anywho, they must not have been successful becuz they ended up talking about 2 twelve yr olds snorting crack or something like that, but was on the grand island talkgroup. Anybody else know of these 2 "mystery" talkgroups?????

n7rvn

4502-Sounds like UNL Police or Ops for the game

This is Lincoln Electric Systems.

Good catch Nathan!

LES is using this only on their service trucks (service calls & street light replacement) for the time being. The old radios have been removed to force the N-Win to be used.

They are testing the coverage in the Lincoln area before switching to N-Win for their entire fleet.... IF they like it better than their old system....

The radios have 28 different channels in them but crews are only using two. Makes for more work to figure out what the tgid are, once they are actually put to some use.

Last edited:
Tg 50010

New talkgroup emerged today-TG 50010, RID 6505853, Affiliating to Norfolk Tower.

Looking at the Talkgroup lineup, this would put the talkgroup as a new event talkgroup. The RID 6505853 shows up frequently on the Norfolk Tower. No voice transmissions noted at this time.

Last edited:
NPPD Work Takgroups

Sifting through the NPPD Unknowns I am about 100% convinced the following TG's are "work" talkgroups, much like the "work" talkgroups OPPD has, which is assigned to certain areas of the OPPD service area.

I never hear KCC/Norfolk/York Service centers, etc., on these talkgroups many of the transmissions are related to service restoration, places to eat, recent talk was the NU/Wisconsin disaster, among other things..

3535-Work 1
3538-Work 2
3539-Work 3
3540-Work 4
3544-Work 5
3551-Work 6

I will submit these, of course these may change, but what hasn't change on N-WIN the past 4 months???

Changes...NPPD

How did I guess, got another new talkgroup and a change.

3540-Change from NPPD Vehicle Maintenance to McCook Service.
3563-NPPD Vehicle Maintenance.

New Talkgroup on Jones Tower

Have just started picking up tg 3034 off the Jones Creek tower the last two days. It is encripted. Not listed in the current files, however, when N-WIN was just starting, that was tagged for Columbus.

By the looks of the ordering, it should probably be assigned to NSP Troop C Talkgroups.

Any ideas anyone?

Ron, N7OJV

3034 is also very active off the Norfolk Site. I get hits just about every other day with this one. Guesses are pointing out this may belong to Troop B Enc Tac talkgroup. But this is only a guess at this point.

3034 Confirmed!

3034 is also very active off the Norfolk Site. I get hits just about every other day with this one. Guesses are pointing out this may belong to Troop B Enc Tac talkgroup. But this is only a guess at this point.

3034-This is B Sec 5. Confirmed by radio transmissions from NSP Norfolk Dispatcher, personal injury collision between Hadar and Randolph and requested any B units on Disp 3 with radio traffic not concerning the accident use B Secure 5.

I will submit to data admin.

TG 3012, 3013, 3014, 3034

A confirmed and an change noted for Troop B TG's this morning!

TG 3012, still working on this one, it now carries encrypted traffic, so unknown if it is still B LE 1 (B SEC 2?) or something different.

TG 3014-New, B SEC 3, Trooper talking to Dispatch about a problem with this talkgroup on her radio and what other secure talkgroups were available.

TG 3013-Changed, B SEC 4, Dispatch directing a trooper where to find a couple other troopers over the radio.

TG 3034-B SEC 5, as posted in msg I posted on 1/18 on this forum. This is a very active talkgroup.

With the pattern starting with the secure talkgroups, TG 3012 may be B SEC 2 and TG 3010 B SEC 1, may be decent guesses.

I will submit to DB Admin.

SquierStrat

Heard some activity on 3539 yesterday. A guy (A) was talking to another guy (B) saying he was in north bend, headed to columbus. Guy B sounded like he was in columbus waiting for Guy A. Guy b also mentioned he had the trucks plugged in, and they were almost to the hotel. Guy C joined in said he was passing through schuyler, almost to columbus.

IsThisOneTaken

Premium Subscriber
Heard some activity on 3539 yesterday. A guy (A) was talking to another guy (B) saying he was in north bend, headed to columbus. Guy B sounded like he was in columbus waiting for Guy A. Guy b also mentioned he had the trucks plugged in, and they were almost to the hotel. Guy C joined in said he was passing through schuyler, almost to columbus.

Schwans guys? :D

Probably NPPD...

autovon

Ø
Heard 50009 and I think ID'd as what sounded like AROC 4 the other day. It was on one of the Omaha area towers.

33kracing

I have a quick question... does anybody know why you can be in grand island and pick up nsr cc of 155.5350 (which is I believe a cc out of merna OR Humphrey site) have full 5 bar signal? I was playing around and I deleted the giltner site just to see if I can pick up another tower site and that frequency popped up. maybe something near grand island?? merna and Humphrey aren't really close to grand island... I figured id pick up the buffalo county site before custer co or platte county... thanks in advance!!

33kracing

I have a quick question... does anybody know why you can be in grand island and pick up nsr cc of 155.5350 (which is I believe a cc out of merna OR Humphrey site) have full 5 bar signal? I was playing around and I deleted the giltner site just to see if I can pick up another tower site and that frequency popped up. maybe something near grand island?? merna and Humphrey aren't really close to grand island... I figured id pick up the buffalo county site before custer co or platte county... thanks in advance!!

is it possible for bleed over from twr site 155.5275?? giltner site?? im picking up all the same traffic as the giltner site and also keep picking up on search mode talkgroup id: 30204... which must be encrypted becuz the scanner wastes no time staying on that particular talkgroup.

Troop B ROC

Heard a county check in roll call today on talkgroup 50010, off of Jones Creek. Seems that the counties were checking into some sort of a net, and the net was being called BROC (Troop B Regional Interop).

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
You probably are getting bleed over from Giltner's Control Channel. 155.535 is a voice channel for Humphrey and you could get Merna with some good skip.

30204 is encrypted. I've logged that talkgroup quite a few times here in Omaha it's always encrypted. I wouldn't be surprised if it the FBI, US Marshalls or DEA. All the radio IDs I've seen using that talk group are 340xxx

50010-Confirmed

Heard a county check in roll call today on talkgroup 50010, off of Jones Creek. Seems that the counties were checking into some sort of a net, and the net was being called BROC (Troop B Regional Interop).

50010 is "B ROC Calling". Confirmed today, Columbus PD calling NSP Norfolk on B ROC calling. All I heard was Columbus PD saying 10-43.

33kracing

You probably are getting bleed over from Giltner's Control Channel. 155.535 is a voice channel for Humphrey and you could get Merna with some good skip.

30204 is encrypted. I've logged that talkgroup quite a few times here in Omaha it's always encrypted. I wouldn't be surprised if it the FBI, US Marshalls or DEA. All the radio IDs I've seen using that talk group are 340xxx

yeah I wondered about that... nothing made sense till I scanned for that in analog... all u hear is a funky control channel sound in that whole radio spectrum above and below 155.5275. and to your other comment about tgid: 30204... would that be a statewide tg for something like FBI, etc etc... I sincerely doubt the d.e.a. or us marshalls are runnin around grand island/giltner site area. but then again theres probably a lot goin on around these parts that we civilians don't/want to know about haha

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
I've also logged encrypted talk groups 30051 and 30052 with radio IDs 800xxx. I believe this is another federal agency.
I've logged encrypted talk groups 50047 and 50048 with NSP radio IDs 3122 832902 these are either NSP talk groups or statewide Encrypted talk groups.
All of the talk groups were logged off of the Omaha or Cedar Bluffs tower.
If this is true talk group ranges should be
3000-3500 NSP
3500-4000 NPPD
4000-4100-LES (Lincoln Electrical)
30xxx-Federal
500xx-Interop
50100-59999-Local
600xx-Fire Marshall
601xx-Corrections
602xx-Game and Parks
603xx-NEMA
604xx-Possibly NDOR (Haven't logged anything in this range)

Status
Not open for further replies.