N1URO Rick

kb1fua

Any old packeteers remember Rick N1URO...?
When I was getting things ready for Field Day, I ran across some old paperwork from 2001 to 2004.
I never really paid too much attention to it, I just moved the box over out of the way, and continued with my gathering.
Yesterday early evening, and I was over in the shack, trying to get everything back in place for operation for the 10 meter net, and tripped over the box.
I found all my notes for my old Packet station back in CT. There were a few of us still using it, and it was in 2001 when I got interested in it, and was given some stuff. Getting started was a little confusing, and at the time could not find much "how to" info.
It was Rick who helped me out, and explained how, and why, and where to go. I had kept all my notes from then. Including TCP/IP, ax.25 information.
Just going thru all those printed emails, notes, diagrams, and schematics on cabling, Mic wiring, and settings brought back a lot of memories.
I remember getting an email from another friend about a month after Rick passed away. Originally, I had planned on throwing all that stuff away...then kept shuffling it from spot to spot after I heard of his passing. Again...I closed the flaps up on the box, and slid it into a new hiding spot. I just can't do it yet, even tho I do not have any of that old gear left. And, I'm not wanting to get back into packet again. My last packet TX was in 2008.
Anyway, just wondering if anyone on the CT forum remembered him.