N9JIG Portable HF Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
So last month I bought an Icom IC-705 QRP rig as well as an Outpost portable antenna system. I want to be able to use the rig at home, in the yard or on Field Day. At home it is connected to a 4-position antenna switch so I can use a 10m dipole, 20m dipole, D130NJ discone or a Diamond dual band antenna as this rig works from 160m to 70cm.

In the field and back yard the Outpost or a couple magnet mounts are going to be my go-to antennas. The Outpost came equipped with a 3/8 stud mount for HF whips, I replaced that with a pass-thru SO 239 mount so I could use some UHF mount antennas as well as the 3/8 threaded ones with an adapter.

I was cleaning out the garage and almost threw out a tool bag that came with a couple Rigid drivers I bought a couple years ago It looked like it would fit the 705 nicely so I tried it. It worked even better than I hoped, it fit the radio, the LDG auto-tuner and a plastic parts bin perfectly.

For the Outpost antenna and whips I bought from Amazon for $25 a large 48 inch canvas carry-bag. It is plenty big enough for the Outpost and about a dozen different whips I have accumulated over the years. I have a plastic shoebox for the various adapters, cables etc. Eventually I will probably get a small toolbox for this stuff, there is plenty of room in the bag for it.

Here is the bag with the radio etc.:

IMG_5897.jpeg

IMG_5898.jpeg

IMG_5899.jpeg

Here is the Outpost bag:
IMG_5889.jpeg

IMG_5890.jpeg

IMG_5891.jpeg

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Nice!!

What antennas are you using with the Outpost tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.