N9JIG Shack Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have been asked several times to make a video of my shack, I have finally done so. Please see the video at https://youtu.be/gDuJdPCy9x8

We finally finished the remodeling and painting and got everything cleaned up nice and neat. Since then I modified the cabinet a little and added a radio.

See the prior discussion at https://forums.radioreference.com/p...372852-n9jig-june-2018-cabinet-completed.html

I will have that thread closed so any questions please post here. Here are a couple that I anticipate:

What about the antennas? They are all in the attic (HOA here). See the pics of the patch panel (https://forums.radioreference.com/r...king-panel-multiple-antennas.html#post2867122)

Pictures of the antenna farm in the attic are difficult as they are all spread out around the attic, which is huge, hot (Arizona in August...) and dusty and I am no longer as limber as I once was.

Why so many radios? 10 of the scanners do nothing but search out MilAir freqs for new activity. 4 are for Pro96Com. The rest are to listen to local fire, rail and aviation as well as GMRS.

Enjoy!

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Wow, just wow. Very nice setup, Rich. Nice video presentation, very well done. Hands down, one of the best ham shacks I have ever seen before. Thanks for that!

JD
kf4anc

K7MFC

WRAA720
Nice video presentation, very well done. Hands down, one of the best ham shacks I have ever seen before.

Absolutely - I always enjoy seeing each iterarion of Rich's shack. His careful planning and execution are always evident.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I do have the electronics rider on my homeowner's insurance. Hopefully it will never come to that!

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Awesome set-up, Rich. You obviously have the finances to do it completely right! We're all jealous and envy you! I personally love how you have everything running through software onto your computers so you can control everything from there... I would love to see in person someday...

Mike

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Do you know what the amp load is of all that? How do you separate the radios to different circuits? In the ball park I'm sure that's at least 10 amps right there. Not including anything else you may have running in that room on that same circuit.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The 746 is on it's own power supply, the scanners on another and the 3 two-ways on a third. That way I can just turn on the set(s) I want.

All 3 sets go to the heavy duty power strip in the cabinet, that goes to the wall.

As it is now that outlet and the one that the secondary desk uses are shared with the laundry room on the opposite side, (Not the appliances, just the 2 outlets and a ceiling light). That is why I chose that wall for the main unit. The main computer, printer and entertainment stuff are all on a different circuit, but that is also shared with the breezeway and foyer.

I was going to have a circuit added but the electrician who came out said I was fine as is.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
That's good. :D

I bought a UPS a couple months back and was told they consume a lot of amperage. Well, when I got it I pulled out my clamp meter and measured its draw. Wasn't much at all. But I wasn't sure what the load was on battery recharge. So I sent Cyberpower an email and asked. They said around 30 mA. Not too bad. I was concerned since I have a space heater in that room and that sucker draws about 11 amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.