NAC Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where to find the nac codes?

What NAC codes are you looking for? The database is a great place to start, as @fxdscon has suggested, but if the system/radio isn't in the database you'd have to monitor the system just as if you were searching for PL codes.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Note that NAC codes are not in the FCC database (nor are WACN nor System ID)--they are not an FCC matter. Their coverage in the databases here are sometimes spotty. One if clever enough can actually see the WACN without using a digital scanner by feeding the audio into a sound program like Audacity. I have done that and was thinking of writing it up. Some radios, though not common, actually transmit more than one WACN and most scanners only see the first one.

bubble1

I have a whistler scanner and i'm trying to figure out how to separate our departments. We only want to listen to fire and rescue.
Were in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. I'm using NAC tone 345. I have been reading and a lot of countys have more than 1 tone to
separate fire from police.

Can you help

bubble1

Thanks everyone I did find something I think will work...

Thank You Again

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a whistler scanner and i'm trying to figure out how to separate our departments. We only want to listen to fire and rescue.
Were in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. I'm using NAC tone 345. I have been reading and a lot of countys have more than 1 tone to
separate fire from police.

Can you help
The NAC you reference, 345, is the one used by the Tuscarawas County site for the statewide MARC-IP trunked system.
None of the Whistler scanners support entering the site NAC for a trunked system. Only the Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 can use that detail, but that's really to prevent transmissions, on the same frequency, from a different site or system. If you are entering the site frequencies as conventional, with the NAC of 345, you are only hearing scattered pieces of conversations being carried on the site.

You did not specify which scanner model you are using, only that it is a Whistler radio. Presuming it is a digital capable scanner, you need to program this site as part of a trunked system, then you can enter only the talkgroups you want to monitor, whether that's only fire & rescue, or something else.

Note that there are two other sites on MARCS-IP, located in your county as well as the Tuscarawas County site.

bubble1

The NAC you reference, 345, is the one used by the Tuscarawas County site for the statewide MARC-IP trunked system.
View attachment 87969
None of the Whistler scanners support entering the site NAC for a trunked system. Only the Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 can use that detail, but that's really to prevent transmissions, on the same frequency, from a different site or system. If you are entering the site frequencies as conventional, with the NAC of 345, you are only hearing scattered pieces of conversations being carried on the site.

You did not specify which scanner model you are using, only that it is a Whistler radio. Presuming it is a digital capable scanner, you need to program this site as part of a trunked system, then you can enter only the talkgroups you want to monitor, whether that's only fire & rescue, or something else.

Note that there are two other sites on MARCS-IP, located in your county as well as the Tuscarawas County site.

I have the WS1065 that we got when they started talking about the new system.
I found the information you have in the image above. I programed using 345
but I can't separate anything or hear it clearly. And our police went to the scrambled
digital part. Can you send me a link about programing as a trunked system.

Thanks Again for your help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This page will give you details about how a trunked radio system works:
Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

See this Wiki page for general information on your scanner. Be sure to explore the inks on the page.

Look at the Easier to Read Manual that covers your scanner:
(Note that your WS1065 is the same as the PSR-600, Pro-652, and Pro-197. The only difference is the name on the scanner & the model number. They all operate the same way, and programming steps are the same for any of these. Similarly, the PSR-500, WS1040, Pro-106, and Pro-652 (handhelds) are also identical for operation & programming, Programming any of these scanners is the same, regardless of the model number.)

Step by step programming for a trunked system starts here on the Easier to Read site:

Also take a look at this page:
Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.