NAC for Rocky Mount P-25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I am trying to set up my Astro Spectra for Talk-Group Scan and I am looking for the NAC of Rocky Mounts new P-25 system. I know the system ID is 101, but has anyone read the NAC off their scanner. I only travel through on I-95 so it would not be possible to hang around to try and figure it out. Thanks

It may also be a good idea to add that info to the Rocky Mount page in the Wiki. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=29553

drayd48

They don't use NAC. You must have a trunk tracking radio and if you are programming Motorola, you have to make sure it is on non-affiliate scan or they can brick your radio.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
That's not true you can scan a trunked system with a MOT XTL/XTS radio or any radio capable of P-25 with conventional frequencies programmed for receive only in a scan list with the trunked system's NAC and then program in a group like a PL. While it is preferred to use the systems NAC or you can use the carrier squelch NAC of F7E. See this post for more info.

Scanning ASTRO25 systems in talkgroup scan - Page 2 - Batboard

I prefer using a real radio over a scanner as even a 15 year old XTS-3000 handles multi-path much better than a scanner.

So back to the original question has anybody read the systems NAC with a scanner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.