nac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Boyz...

Your not missing nothing by these Police Departments being encrypted Just monitor the Fire, EMS and MONOC anything big not directly police related your going to hear. I monitored Dover i'm sorry Toms River for years a lot of MV Stops, DV's and alarm calls and once in a while someone trying to jump off the Rt 37 bridge.

Have a good summer.

Tony

Highpockets

Boyz...

Your not missing nothing by these Police Departments being encrypted Just monitor the Fire, EMS and MONOC anything big not directly police related your going to hear. I monitored Dover i'm sorry Toms River for years a lot of MV Stops, DV's and alarm calls and once in a while someone trying to jump off the Rt 37 bridge.

Have a good summer.

Tony

Most people who have scanners like to listen to their home town, I got over it, I listen to what I can, local fire, ems does give you an idea what's happening. It's still a pretty neat hobby. :)

mondaro

Feed Provider
Most people who have scanners like to listen to their home town, I got over it, I listen to what I can, local fire, ems does give you an idea what's happening. It's still a pretty neat hobby. :)

Steve...

I hear you but it seems like your Police Chief Mikey M. brought into something years ago.
I don't agree with encryption at all I have convinced our Police chief in my home town
in Harrison and where I work in North Arlington NEVER to do it for many reasons
Kearny PD being one of them.

Some of the inside guys over there tell me it's the worse thing they ever did since they have a lot of problems with there system always going down of failing but I am sure the pros on the board will assure us it's not a problem with encryption but there system infrastructure which make more sense.

I remember the old days I picked up Toms River PD 5x5 here in Harrison on an old
Midland two way radio, Have a great day.

Tony

Highpockets

Steve...

I hear you but it seems like your Police Chief Mikey M. brought into something years ago.
I don't agree with encryption at all I have convinced our Police chief in my home town
in Harrison and where I work in North Arlington NEVER to do it for many reasons
Kearny PD being one of them.

Some of the inside guys over there tell me it's the worse thing they ever did since they have a lot of problems with there system always going down of failing but I am sure the pros on the board will assure us it's not a problem with encryption but there system infrastructure which make more sense.

I remember the old days I picked up Toms River PD 5x5 here in Harrison on an old
Midland two way radio, Have a great day.

Tony

Tony,

What's sad, before the system was put in the Chief, in a newspaper article stated he wouldn't encrypt, and they were going to stream the audio on the internet, their web site says they are going to put it on a comcast cable channel, but, a retired cop I know told me things changed, the Flag Officers at the department are against it, they like encryption, so it looks like a little in fighting is holding things up, we'll see who wins out in the long run... My money is on, it will stay the way it is... Encryption is a excellent tool, but, setting up one channel to go to when info is that important, is an option, Manchester Twp, has a secure talk group, and they use it, but, their daily ops are in the clear. Nothing wrong with Joe Public hearing about dogs barking, dumpster fire, fight at local bar, or accident on Rt37. Warrants, drug investagation and stuff like that, I can agree. Oh well, life goes on, thanks for your thoughts.

You to, have a great day! :D

DJ88

what about jackson....are they encrted?

Yes. Jackson PD encrypts everything. And, by the way, you don't need to have the nac code programmed to monitor a digital system. Nac works like PL/DPL, so the only reason you would need to have it programmed would be if you were getting interference from another agency on a digital frequency you were monitoring and I've never had that problem with any of the digital systems here in Ocean County.

countryboy879

ok thanks for your help on this....maybe u guys can help with something else im looking for a pro 96 if anyone can help much is appreciated.... oh btw i'll trade my relm hs 200 and 4 cp100 radios for them

Status
Not open for further replies.