• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Nagoya NA-771 15.6-Inch Whip VHF/UHF (144/430Mhz) Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Nagoya NA-771 15.6-Inch Whip VHF/UHF (144/430Mhz) Antenna work on a Kenwood handheld using 462 frequencies?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wrath

It will work but there is no guarantee of SWR or performance outside the amateur band , i have seen people brick there radio with mismatched antennas more than once .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

I have a similar COMET BNC24 146/446 MHz antenna I intend to use on GMRS and so far the VSWR looks pretty high. I swept it and could not find resonance at either 146 or 446 to start with. I would be interested in what others find because I want a 5/8 wave whip on my Motorola PX300-S lunch box. I am prepared to trim it down, but until I can find its natural UHF resonance I hesitate.

wrath

Are you sure about the dealer you got it from?
There has been a recent wave of both counterfeit Diamond/Comet(and even Nagoya knockoffs, which is pathetic knocking off a knock off) antennas as well as European spec frequency antennas getting here , even at Dayton last year some guys got crap antennas,I have not heard what dealer or dealers ,but needless to say there are junk out there, Amazon still as late as this January was selling counterfeit Baofeng? It sounds like the punch like to a ham joke ,but its real.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Are you sure about the dealer you got it from?
There has been a recent wave of both counterfeit Diamond/Comet(and even Nagoya knockoffs, which is pathetic knocking off a knock off) antennas as well as European spec frequency antennas getting here , even at Dayton last year some guys got crap antennas,I have not heard what dealer or dealers ,but needless to say there are junk out there, Amazon still as late as this January was selling counterfeit Baofeng? It sounds like the punch like to a ham joke ,but its real.

My COMET is so old it predates the Baofeng mafia.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

wrath

My COMET is so old it predates the Baofeng mafia.

Here's a laugh for you ,I still have a Diamond 77 new in the package , my super gainer broke so I got a smaller antenna as they are a ***** to fix , but in being prepared I bought a second one "just in case", that was in 03-04 somewhere haven't killed the primary so haven't needed the spare,I don't even think the dealer I bought it from is even still in business. It lives just inside one of my spare gear closets ,wondering will I ever get some action ?.

kj6psg

SWR on my NA-771 is quite high at GMRS (and pretty much anywhere above 453 MHz), I wouldn't use it outside 2m/70cm. I don't have the exact numbers off the VNA but I think it was around 3:1. Yes, this was a real NA-771 being tested.

RFI-EMI-GUY

If the UHF response for best return loss can be determined, it can be used to calculate the fraction to cut the whip to for GMRS band. It will no longer be a "ham" antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.