nagoya na-771

Status
Not open for further replies.

dow35

I have a diamond rh77ca that i paid 22 dollars for that works good but then i saw the nagoya na-771 on e-bay for 7 dollars and bought one and to my surprise it seems to slightly out perform the diamond rh77ca anyone else tried this antenna?It even out performs my scantenna thats mounted outside about 20 feet up best antenna i have ever owned.

Pepso

I think, the cheap NA771 is probably the best handheld antenna for wideband receiving and 2m/70cm transmitting.

dow35

I have tried alot of antennas and its the best i have ever used do they make one for a base unit you can mount outside?

FrankJ

How does the NA-771 perform on the VHF and UHF airbands?

I think the Diamond RH77CA already does a great job on those bands...

Frank

dow35

the na-771 is slightly better than the diamond they are close but the na-771 still comes out on top and for 7 dollars verses 22 dollars you cant go wrong its better and cheaper i wonder if nagoya makes a outdoor base antenna?anyway i just ordered 2 more na-771 they are so good

kd7ckq

Another thing I have noticed is that the BNC version is slightly longer and has a little better performance than the SMA-male version. The same with the NA-701, the BNC version also performs a little better on 800Mhz than the SMA version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.