Name tagging Baltimore and Baltimore County trunked frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

porschenut

Can someone show me how to put name tags on the frequencies of the TRUNKED Baltimore City fire and police and Baltimore County Fire/ Police, into my Radio Shack PRO-96 scanner? Can it be done or not?

Sincerely,
Porschenut
4/27/08

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You don't want to tag the frequencies, you want to have tags on the talkgroups. Big difference. But yes I quite agree, getting Win96 and a premium subscription (quite cheap) will allow you to download data directly from the database into the software. You will need a USB-serial cable as well (most new PCs don't have serial ports). Check the Radio Shack forum to see which ones seem to work well for PRO-96 users, although I have heard that Belkin is a popular brand. 73 Mike

[edit] Here's the link that describes the subscription - note that's how things in blue and/or underlined work on this board...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/subscription/

mlevin

In order to tag the talkgroups scroll to the desired ID in the list. Hit 'text'. Type in the desired tags by hitting the number keys that correspond to the letters you want. Hit 1,2,3, or 4 in order to select the letter on the key that you want. When you are finished hit enter. The period key is space. The up and down arrows are foward space and back space.

Even though you can program by hand if you follow these steps it is much easier to program via the software.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.