Nanfone NF-72A Handheld - Can't Find Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
I've tried everything I know to look for a manual for a Nanfone NF-72A handhald UHF transceiver, but can't find anything. Do any of you have any idea of where I might find one? I believe this unit 450-470 not 2m unit. Can't get it to accept any 2m frequencies. Thanks.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Have you tried a google search? Or enter the fcc id data on the back into google.
n9zas

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Bummer! Removed battery pack and found function manual. Also found that this unit is for 450-470 MHz, so I can't use it. I guess that is what I get for trusting the eBay description without questioning how it was used before purchasing it! Live and learn!

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well you could use it for gmrs on 462.550-462.725 mhz. or maybe it will tune the 70cm. band for use as a ham talkie? Many people on ebay are clueless to what they're trying to sell.
n9zas

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Well you could use it for gmrs on 462.550-462.725 mhz. or maybe it will tune the 70cm. band for use as a ham talkie? Many people on ebay are clueless to what they're trying to sell.
n9zas

Well, bought it on eBay. Described as being a 70cm handheld, but it isn't. That's what I purchased it for. I don't know anyone with grms radio so it wouldn't do me no good, and would have to license that. Just licensed and wnated to try it out. figured for the price if it didn't work that well it would help me make up my mind on purchasing another really good HT, like a yeasu 60r or something. I can't fault the seller, I should have asked if he used it, but he stated he didn't have a license. Oh well, ifve and learn!

KD8DVR

The radio has NO type acceptance on ANY radio service in the US. I got one and got porked too. The Seller I got mine from was fined by the FCC for selling non type-accepted equipment..... The guy is a ham and answered "I didn't know they were illegal".. yeah right. Lota of folks, including myself, emailed he needs to stop selling illegal radios. I was stupid and got reamed... BUT: He got slugged with the full $10k fine. dunno if he paid. I forget his Ebay Usename Jason Kaltenbrenner or somesuch name.

At any rate, he does not sell radios anymore.

Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.