Narrow banding starting in mclean county;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if Bloomington is planning on narrowbanding the 3 repeaters from the old police channels? Doesn't seem to make sense to spend money on it if they're just going to sit unused, although I could see keeping one as a backup if StarCom goes down. Also, the article mentioned Metcom, isn't fire the only thing of theirs not on StarCom? Don't see why they need $69k to narrowband everything, unless they're completely revamping their entire system and using the FCC mandate as an excuse to go forward with it. Just my initial thoughts..

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Even though mclean county fire is the only service not on SC21 they have a lot of assets all over the county which are all required to rebanded under the mandate. I don't know about the old BPD repeaters,since they are still on line but dormant.:roll:

n9zas

RADIOGUY2002

"Half of that money went to the Eureka-Goodfield Fire Protection District, Downen said, which has 45 pagers. A new pager is about $500"

Must be for ^^, way overpriced. At that price your better off getting your crew radios.

"In addition, agencies use portable radios, which cost between $400 and $1,000 each; vehicle radios, about $2,500 each; and base radios, $2,500 each"

Vehicle radios at 2,500 a piece, since when. Maybe for Starcom21 the only price ranges that make sense is the portable radio cost and console radios. Bases can be made for cheaper then 2,500 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.