Narrowband Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfgroup

Premium Subscriber
Our county is moving all EMS/Fire to narrowband channels in June. It appears the PSR 200 does not allow for 12.5K steps. It would be nice to have some of the lower cost units that could meet that need. I can understand the delay in new digital units.
Any hope in the next year?

Michael E. Pollock
RF Group
Rochester NY

N8IAA

Our county is moving all EMS/Fire to narrowband channels in June. It appears the PSR 200 does not allow for 12.5K steps. It would be nice to have some of the lower cost units that could meet that need. I can understand the delay in new digital units.
Any hope in the next year?

Michael E. Pollock
RF Group
Rochester NY

Mike, the PSR-300/400, RS Pro-164/163 do 3.125, 7.5, 12.5Khz steps.
Larry

stevelton

None the less, Even if you cant tune in the 12.5 step. If you set the scanner to the nearest frequency, you can still hear the radio traffic, it just wont be as loud or clear as if you have the right scanner.
Steven

rfgroup

Premium Subscriber
I did not realize the PSR300/400 did narrowband.

Yes they are narrowbanding existing freqs and adding new ones.

Since most of this traffic is simplex, being right on is better than being close to frequency.

Michael

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden 346XT and 396XT does NB and u can increase the audio 3-fold which helps the new NB freqy low audio.....

Drowsiness

The Uniden 346XT and 396XT does NB and u can increase the audio 3-fold which helps the new NB freqy low audio.....

I can't express enough exactly how much I love my 346XT. I had been out of scanning for a couple years and when I came back, I was shocked beyond belief how things had changed.

Now to track down a 396XT for a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.