NAS Jacksonville Air Show 10/27-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
I would like this to be the "official" thread for this weekends airshow at NAS Jax.
Checkout the website: http://www.nasjaxairshow.com/

Let us know if you plan on going, what scanner you're bringing and any freqs you would like to share or whatever.

I do have a particular question to ask...
I brought my Pro-97 to the airshow last year at Jax beach with no problem.
But I'm concerned about bringing my scanner (now a 330T) to the base.
Mostly because of this thread that I'm sure you all have come across at some point. http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39595

The website doesn't mention scanners or radios at all on the security info page and I was thinking of sending an email to see what they have to say about it but there's no contact information either except if you want to be a sponsor.

So what do you all think? Any suggestions on getting an official word on this? :confused:
I just would hate to bring it to the checkpoint and then have to walk all the way back to the car and let it cook inside it.
(it always manages to be very warm the day of the show)

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
My files...

Here's what I got on the Blue Angels...also, FL Milair has Nas Jax stuff, FACSFAC, etc.

Last edited:

khvfdff

I have never had any problems even with the main gate of the base. One time when going on the NAS Jax base with my father it went off for JFRD and they didnt say a word. I thought I had turned it down, LOL. But now after September 11th, I dont even attempt to bring it on any base. I dont even take it on the Camp Blanding National Guard Base. I just dont want some hotshot MP getting pissed off about it.

KE4ASQ

Brewkelyn said:
I would like this to be the "official" thread for this weekends airshow at NAS Jax.
Checkout the website: http://www.nasjaxairshow.com/

Let us know if you plan on going, what scanner you're bringing and any freqs you would like to share or whatever.

I do have a particular question to ask...
I brought my Pro-97 to the airshow last year at Jax beach with no problem.
But I'm concerned about bringing my scanner (now a 330T) to the base.
Mostly because of this thread that I'm sure you all have come across at some point. http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39595

The website doesn't mention scanners or radios at all on the security info page and I was thinking of sending an email to see what they have to say about it but there's no contact information either except if you want to be a sponsor.

So what do you all think? Any suggestions on getting an official word on this? :confused:
I just would hate to bring it to the checkpoint and then have to walk all the way back to the car and let it cook inside it.
(it always manages to be very warm the day of the show)

My answer would be to contact them and ask if you are allowed to carry a scanner on base and then get that person's info such as name, rank, and phone#. This way if it is questioned as to why you have that on base, You can refer it back to that person.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
The Blue Angels were flying ALL afternoon yesterday, I caught a little bit at the Super Target's parking lot which butts right up against the base on HW-17. Awesome view! Man, they were flying low!!

They knew they had a crowd watching them from there and seriously it seemed like we became show center for a bunch of their passes. They definitely were not following runway heading as they normally do.

I'm sure (as one of the pilots hinted at) they'll do a flyby during the FL-GA game.
Oh, I did talk to someone about bringing in a scanner and they didn't know anything about scanners so of course the answer was a flat NO, fearing interference with the acts.

No biggie, I'm fine catching the action outside the base. Got Zaxby's right there for food and I'm set.

Status
Not open for further replies.