NAS Patuxent River Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scansomd

I normally keep the Patuxent River trunked system running in a separate scanner at home (BC 780) and in its own bank mobile (PRO 2096). Has anyone else noticed it seems all but unused lately?

I hear the fuel pumpers and one other talk group, but not much else. In particular, I can’t recall the last time I heard the Police and Fire Departments.

I suspect they have finally moved over to the 380 MHz trunked system.
Joint National Capital Region (Fort Belvoir) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

scansomd

After further investigation, I have found what I believe to be the answer:

PAX River has, for the most part, migrated to the 380 MHz trunked system. I programmed the frequencies and talk groups into my PSR 500 this evening. So far I have only heard PAX PD, but I feel certain the other users are there too.

The PAX River 400 MHz system remains on the air with at least a few users.

I normally keep the Patuxent River trunked system running in a separate scanner at home (BC 780) and in its own bank mobile (PRO 2096). Has anyone else noticed it seems all but unused lately?

I hear the fuel pumpers and one other talk group, but not much else. In particular, I can’t recall the last time I heard the Police and Fire Departments.

I suspect they have finally moved over to the 380 MHz trunked system.
Joint National Capital Region (Fort Belvoir) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

ffdm

Thought I was going nuts myself. I work on the base and havent picked them up for a while either. Hear the fuel farm every morning but that has been it. Thought the talk groups changed or my scanner programming got messed up but it looks like you found out what the problem is. Interesting you havent heard the FD though.
So now do I do out and get an upgrade since my Pro 2055 cant pick them up anymore. Really not much around locally to justify yet though, some Charles and eventually PG?

lynnk

Premium Subscriber
There doesn't appear to be any data on the control channel listed for PAX. The only data I can hear in the 380-390 range is at 386.1625 which isn't on the list as any control channel. I can't hear anything for PAX on the Joint system. Still hear stuff on the old trunk system, but not much.

lynnk

Premium Subscriber
Update ... I programmed 386.1625 as the control channel in my BCD-396T and it picked up Pax transmissions with no problem. I then tried to program the Pro-96 for the same stuff and it opens squelch whenever there is a transmission but it isn't decoding the audio properly. All I hear is a rush of noise until the transmission is over and then it goes back into scan.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Update ... I programmed 386.1625 as the control channel in my BCD-396T and it picked up Pax transmissions with no problem. I then tried to program the Pro-96 for the same stuff and it opens squelch whenever there is a transmission but it isn't decoding the audio properly. All I hear is a rush of noise until the transmission is over and then it goes back into scan.
96/2096 can't trunktrack 385 or 764 systems. You can program the frequencies in a bank as FM and lockout the CC to scan conventionally with the 96.

scansomd

386.525 is the control channel in use today and it is not in the database.

There doesn't appear to be any data on the control channel listed for PAX. The only data I can hear in the 380-390 range is at 386.1625 which isn't on the list as any control channel. I can't hear anything for PAX on the Joint system. Still hear stuff on the old trunk system, but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.