• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NASA needs some help designing new Gateway and Lunar Lander Spacecraft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordmundi

Hey folks. I'm a total newbie in this community and I apologize if this isn't the proper forum for this post - please feel free to move it or let me know where I should put it if it is out of place.

In short, over at NASA Johnson Space Center (in Houston), we are having trouble finding folks for a number of systems engineer level positions. I shouldn't say we are "having trouble"... it is just that we are on some short schedules and would like to find interested candidates as quickly as possible. A few of the areas we are looking for support are in RF Communications, Audio, and Lighting. After doing some research, I decided I might try posting in a forum like this to see if anyone in the radio community was either interested in a change or just looking to better utilize their skills. Or perhaps know of someone else who might be.

The Gateway is a new orbiting outpost around the moon in what is called a Near Rectilinear Halo Orbit. Some google searching on NASA Gateway will probably shed some light on the design thus far. The other element will be lunar lander vehicles that go back and forth from the South pole of the Moon to the Gateway vehicle.

Right now the program is heavy on systems engineering - writing documents for requirements, interface control, verification, etc. Eventually that will lead into participating into preliminary and then critical design reviews.

We are interested in candidates that want to work in Houston and can participate in the above systems engineering steps as well as help determine RF performance (in the case of the RF Communications position) and determine link budgets, forward error correction analysis, etc.

Required experience would be at least a BS degree in a related field. Lots of other experience would be a plus, but rather than go through all that here, I would just say, if any of this sounds like it could apply to you or someone you know, please get in touch with me! You can reach me at frank.j.graffagnino@nasa.gov

RFI-EMI-GUY

Damn; Interesting! Wish this were happening in central Florida. I just reposted on AMSAT-BB where it should be of interest.

lordmundi

It is interesting. Designing new spacecraft is the dream of so many engineers in so many different fields. We have trouble getting the word out that we need folks sometimes.

You might check for opportunities at KSC. Both with NASA and their many contractors.

And thanks for that repost! Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.