NASA Suspends Ties With Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
It is sad that our space program is in such dismal dismay. We now of a muti-billion dollar space station mostly built by us and the only way we can get to it is by hitching a ride with the Russians. Right now we only have two NASA astronauts living on the ISS full time because we can't get there. And now with frayed relations with Russia over the Ukraine crisis NASA is suspending corporation with Russia. Why in the world would we retire the Space Shuttle program without a replacement space craft? Unbelievable!

NASA suspends ties with Russian gov't officials over ongoing crisis in Crimea | Fox News

F

feets

Why in the world would we retire the Space Shuttle program without a replacement space craft? Unbelievable!
Answer = Debt. No money for space except for NSA/CIA spy on your own citizens sats or weaponized re-entry vehicles. Too much spent on welfare and warfare. US priorities are set.

And, the suspension does not include ISS. Russia may have something to say about that though. But, I doubt it.

SCPD

QRT
Answer = Debt. No money for space except for NSA/CIA spy on your own citizens sats or weaponized re-entry vehicles. Too much spent on welfare and warfare. US priorities are set.

And, the suspension does not include ISS. Russia may have something to say about that though. But, I doubt it.
Well said feets! The sorry state of our space program reflects the decayed state of our country. My question is why in the world didn't we build a replacement to the shuttle years ago. The Space Shuttle was designed to build the space station but we never designed a vehicle to to transport astronauts after the station was completed.

F

feets

Well said feets! The sorry state of our space program reflects the decayed state of our country. My question is why in the world didn't we build a replacement to the shuttle years ago. The Space Shuttle was designed to build the space station but we never designed a vehicle to to transport astronauts after the station was completed.
It's not something I follow closely but shift is towards privately owned and operated shuttles. They are being worked on now and are capable. Didn't Beiber or some other equally useless rich entertainer give away a seat on one of these "tourist" space flights?

Anyway, I think the idea is that ISS astronauts will hop flights to the ISS like getting on a Delta Airlines flight. Simplified explaination, of course.:D

SCPD

QRT
It's not something I follow closely but shift is towards privately owned and operated shuttles. They are being worked on now and are capable. Didn't Beiber or some other equally useless rich entertainer give away a seat on one of these "tourist" space flights?
Lol..."The Beib" What a boob. Anyway yes it looks like we are going to outsource our space program. Once was a symbol of national pride.

Anyway, I think the idea is that ISS astronauts will hop flights to the ISS like getting on a Delta Airlines flight. Simplified explaination, of course.:D
I hope they get frequent flyer miles and peanuts when they travel! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.