nascar-avondale??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerface27

hey guys hope you can help i will be coming for the race this week, in avondale and am wondering if anybody knows what frequency or tgid the maricopa county sheriffs will be using for nascar weekend.... i know they are digital, but also are there any other frequencies the track uses, that i could find. thanks

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Here is a copy of what I posted in the AZScanner Yahoo group.

Most of the Law Enforcement detail around the race track will be handled by the Maricopa County Sheriff’s office. The MCSO system is a Motorola Type II mixed mode system. The sheriff talkgroups are digital, so you will need a digital scanner to listen to a lot of the talkgroups. In the past talkgroups Event 4 and Event 5 were used to coordinate parking, traffic and other activities. Here is a link to this system. You will only need to monitor the “White Tanks” site #2 while around the track.
Maricopa County Trunking System, Maricopa County, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

Avondale PD may be involved a little with the event. You will hear them on the Glendale System. This system is entirely digital, so you will need a digital scanner that will follow a P25 system to listen.
Glendale Public Safety Trunking System, Glendale, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

Finally, you will likely hear fire and medical on the Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC). On this system you will hear Fire and Medical on the Fire Event talkgroups. You may also hear mutual aid communication on other event talkgroups. During the event listen to White Tanks site #208 and
Simulcast E #102. The “Simulcast E” site #102 may not be online this year as they currently have it down for an upgrade. This system is also entirely digital, so you will need a P25 capable scanner.
Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) Trunking System, Phoenix, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

There will be A LOT of stuff to listen to on race weekend. Have a great time at the races!

--Joe

radioguru6613

Fire was up testing on the EVENT 15 TG today on the RWC system, doesn't mean this will be the final place the land during the event though

Avondale has an EVENT TG on Glendale but it's encrypted the county is no longer in their radios

MCSO will likely be your best bet but not much to listen to when it comes to traffic and parking

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
After making my post, I realized that the MCSO event talkgroups are not listed in the DB. I will submit these to the DB too.

Some of these talkgroups will for sure be in use during the event. These are analog talkgroups, so if you do not have a digital scanner, you will still be able to hear something. Last year, MCSO had their helicopter up and working on Event 4 and 5 if I recall correctly.

8400 MCSO Event 1
8432 MCSO Event 2
8464 MCSO Event 3
8496 MCSO Event 4
8528 MCSO Event 5
8560 MCSO Event 6
8592 MCSO Event 7
8624 MCSO Event 8

scannerface27

thanks cellphone... ok quick question i have a 396xt, so no prob picking upo it all... but since it is mixed analog dig... does it get programmed as p25 or mot type 2..... and what site should i use at that area.. let me know thanks

Last edited:

Astrak

thanks cellphone... ok quick question i have a 396xt, so no prob picking upo it all... but since it is mixed analog dig... does it get programmed as p25 or mot type 2..... and what site should i use at that area.. let me know thanks

I don't own a Uniden so I couldn't help you with the programming type, but you would want to use the white tanks site for MCSO.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The MCSO system is mixed mode. For this system you will program it as system type “MOT” in the 396XT. For The Glendale system and the RWC, these are pure P25 systems, so you will program these as “P25”.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The monitoring fun for this weekend has already started. PIR Fire and Medical Alarm is operating on the RWC White tanks site talkgroup 1629. This channel is being referred to as “L2”.

radioguru6613

I've heard them refer to it as Event 2 (L2-1629) and they have also done some comms on Event 15 (L15-1617). Haven't heard any traffic on any channels in the middle of that blend but one can only assume they are all in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.