NASCAR Frequencies - Verified

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
Thinking of taking a 6 year old to Dover in Sept.. How is the language on the radio? Don't want to bring him home to his mom with a new vocabulary.
How the ^@&$ do you think the ^@&$*%# language is going to be?? haha

If that's your biggest concern, get him his own radio(or rent one at the track) and program it with MRN or one of the broadcast frequencies. He won't know the difference. All he'll know is he has a radio just like his daddy does.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I will probably be going to the Nascar Sprint Cup race at Michigan in June.

I am just wondering if anyone on here would have a list of all the freq's for the Drivers and officials, with CTCSS and DCS Tones. I know a few years ago when I went they were using tones. I prefer to have them, so I have them entered in and won't have to worry about any interference coming from those freq's. And so it will save me from searching and going through all those freq's.

So if anyone knows a website that has the tones with these freq's would be great. Or if anyone who has been to the few races this year has a PRO 96 file or any file they can send me and I can just get the tones from there, would be great as well. So I can have everything all setup and ready to go when the time comes for the race in June.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Ok. Thanks. That is a site you have to pay for to get the freq's.

I was looking at a free site or if anyone on here has a up to date freq list for all the drivers with the CTCSS and DCS Tones they are using. So it will save me from going through them all trying to get there tones. This way I can have it all set up and ready to go for the race in Michigan in June.

I will only be going this last time probably for a long time, so I don't want to get the freq's from a site you have to pay for just for this one race.

So if anyone on here knows of a free updated site that shows the Tones for all the drivers I would appreciate it. Or if anyone has a file they got from the few races this year with the Tones, that would be great as well.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The tones really aren't all that important. I just normally put my scanner on tone search and store them as I'm scanning.

SCPD

QRT
Ok, was just wondering if anyone had the Tones for the drivers so it would eliminate the interference and also so I can have everything all set to go, including the tones for when I get there to Michigan next month.
But if no one has them or doesn't want to give them out. Ok no problem.

Will get them when I am at the race.

Thanks

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I normally go to one of the scanner trailer and spend the $5.00 on a scanner listing sheet. That way you know they are correct for the race. I have never worried about tones but i guess if you were worried you could. those are not listed on the race sheets.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Again, why not just do what I suggested in post #14? Have all your freqs and tags in place but the tone set to tone squelch. When a driver transmits hit the E button... bingo, tone stored, on to the next. This is how I did it a few years ago and within about 20 minutes of being at Cup practice I had the majority of the field stored. Plus, you know the info you have is correct. What happens when you find an old list where someone says Dale Jr uses a tone of 91.5 but it's really DPL245? If you have the wrong tone in, you aren't hearing a thing. And don't worry about interference, it's very rarely an issue (I've scanned at both MIS races for MANY years). The tones are nice, but certainly not required.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; en-us; SAMSUNG SM-P605V Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.5 Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Safari/537.36)

Years ago I brought a scanner to the Brickyard and Dover races, the Indy time trials and the Indy and Montreal F1 races. Couldn't hear anything with cars on the tracks... wasn't worth the effort hassling with headphones, coolers, binoculars. Too many distractions and other things going on. Just go have fun and enjoy the sounds. :D

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You definitely need a proper set of headphones, that's for sure. Any sort of ear buds or traditional 'ear muff' headphones simply won't work. I have 2 pairs that I purchased from the Racing Electronics trailer years ago and they work fantastic, but weren't cheap.. I think they were about $75 a pair (and those were the basic model).

SCPD

QRT
Ok yah that is what I will do next weekend when I am there at MIS just have my PRO 96 in Tone Search and see what comes up and get them this way.

Yah I have headphones I picked up the one time I was there so I am all good to go that way.

Will have a spare set of batteries just incase lol.

I have everything entered in so I should be good to go for next Sunday for the race.

Thanks for the replies and will enjoy the race live in person.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm going to be there as well... we can compare notes on here afterwards perhaps and compile a more current list.

cmpsa

Seeking an update on " NASCAR Radio Frequencies ":

Does anyone happen to know the NASCAR and/or race official channel plan (a current version of how their radios are programmed) ?

FYI: I know how to find NASCAR and/or ?Racing Radios? FCC licenses. Some where on this website someone had posted details on a certain NASCAR race, and said NASCAR Channel 1 & 2 were analog, and Channel 3 was TRBO only.

I'm looking for the channel plan, and not event and/or race track specific... In simple terms, the programming template of how their Motorola TRBO portables are programmed...

Thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.