Nashua area

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the South Nashua area know what the comm tower is going up behind MacDonald's on the DW highway? I saw the tall tower erected a few weeks ago, now there's is a crew up there installing antennas. Looks like a Cell tower. Anyone?

n1das

Looks like a new cell tower to me, maybe a 5G site?. I recall seeing US Cellular on some of the trucks parked there. My wife and I are usually at that McD's on Saturday and Sunday getting a late morning breakfast. I took a few pics with my phone that I could post.

That reminds me, I have the CellMapper app on my phone and I could use it to see what it reports for cell sites in the area.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
Ya, the anteannas that were mounted up there were cell type ones. I saw the trucks there but look like a company that does tower work, but maybe I didn't see the carriers name on it. We have the one int eh Costco's parking lot as well thats been there for some time now.

n1das

I assume Costco is the Costco in Nashua on DW Highway across from the Pheasant Lane Mall. I'm not a Costco member but I hear Costco employees on 900MHz. They appear to be using Motorola DLR series 900MHz FHSS digital radios and using them right out of the box at the factory default settings like FRS bubble packs. I hear them on my Motorola 900MHz DTR series radios when I'm in the area along the DW Highway. I purposely keep the default public talkgroups programmed into my radios to listen for activity in my travels. I also have a private talkgroup programmed which only works with my fleet of DTR radios to make them very secure when I want them to be secure.

Last edited:

skybug

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that's the one. The tower that's fenced off is in the corner of their employee parking lot. I think the last time I pulled up a cell site app, it showed it as a ATT cell site.

Status
Not open for further replies.