Nashua Police Frequency programming HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried my best on putting in Nashua PD into a bank by itself and still no action in the last 3 days. Not even a weak signal to stop scanning. I'm wondering if there is someone here who has had success and is listenning at least on TAC-1 dispatch. If you could attach a .P96 file for me that would be great!! Then I can look at the file and see the setup to help me understand how trunking works and the mumbo jumbo that goes with it.

Thanks all,
Bill

tbone9597

The Pro 96 is very sensitive when programming trunked systems. Nashua uses a trunked system so when you program the control channels into the scanner in what ever bank you need to skip channel 00and use channel 01. Say you are going to use bank 1 so you would start with bank 1 channel 01 and program the control channels in the order they are on RR. I hope this helps you out and keep scanning NH, Live free or Die!

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
The Pro 96 is very sensitive when programming trunked systems. Nashua uses a trunked system so when you program the control channels into the scanner in what ever bank you need to skip channel 00and use channel 01. Say you are going to use bank 1 so you would start with bank 1 channel 01 and program the control channels in the order they are on RR. I hope this helps you out and keep scanning NH, Live free or Die!

That information would only apply if it were an EDACS trunk system, which Nashua is NOT. Programming the control channel in the first, 2nd, 30th, or 50th slot within the bank should make no difference.

I also responded to your inquiry in the Massachusetts forum.

D

ddemers8678

I have Nashua programmed starting in bank 00 and it has always worked fine for me. Make sure you are in motorola mode not edacs, and it should work fine. If you are still having trouble pm me and I will send you the p96 file.

Last edited:
Well guys let start by thanking you all for your expertise. Everything you guys have mentioned has given me a better understanding on the MOT trunking system with group lists. Bravo!!! As for my situation not being able to recieve Nashua freqs. it is definitely because of the move to 800Mhz range transmitting shorter distance than 460Mhz. If you know Shurburn Road at all in Hudson it was there and Lowell Road I finally picked up Nashua and found my programming to be OK. Again thanks to all your help.

Thanks again,
Bill

Maybe time for a discone antenna stuck in a tree top. Nahhhhh my yard gets hit all too often by lightning to chance it.

ecps92

Put in the proper grounding and a polyphaser to protect the equipment

Well guys let start by thanking you all for your expertise. Everything you guys have mentioned has given me a better understanding on the MOT trunking system with group lists. Bravo!!! As for my situation not being able to recieve Nashua freqs. it is definitely because of the move to 800Mhz range transmitting shorter distance than 460Mhz. If you know Shurburn Road at all in Hudson it was there and Lowell Road I finally picked up Nashua and found my programming to be OK. Again thanks to all your help.

Thanks again,
Bill

Maybe time for a discone antenna stuck in a tree top. Nahhhhh my yard gets hit all too often by lightning to chance it.

Status
Not open for further replies.