Nashville guy w/PRO 106 needs opinion on which program to use?

ihate100bees

Fri 9:25 pm on 12/23/2022

I'm new here... and ran this post yesterday on the Radio Shack Scanner forum. Hope I don't get thrown out for re-posting here. One of the replies mention this forum may bring better luck in answering my question.

Picked up a never before used (with box, manuals, etc..) Pro 106 for FIVE DOLLARS at a yard sale! I bought the cable that goes with the Whistler 1604 that is the same radio, and used it to update the cable drivers and Scanner firmware to vs 2.1. Worked great! But still hardly hearing any communication signals in Nashville Tn (Davidson County). Also been loaded the orig V-Scanner preset for TN and GA, ... hardly picking up any signals. I think it needs to be re-programmed? I've seen a pdf of the process with Win500 and it looks easy enough. I think by trial and error, I can make it happen. I see there is a $30 fee after 30 days to continue Win500 and that is not a problem. I've also seen others going with the ARC500. What is the difference and which should I try first? Again... beginner here.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Please use your thread here to talk about programming tools for your scanner and use this thread to talk about scanning your counties of interest. The tool used to program your scanner should not make any difference in what you hear from your target systems.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
All of Nashville Metro Public safety is Encrypted as is Rutheford and Williamson county and soon to be wilson for the meanwhile they are still VHF analog ...Robertson is NXDN and Sumner is UHF P25 Phase II

Last edited:

ihate100bees

Please use your thread here to talk about programming tools for your scanner and use this thread to talk about scanning your counties of interest. The tool used to program your scanner should not make any difference in what you hear from your target systems.
Okay sorry about that. I will try to either edit or remove the post here.