Nashville Innercity 155.370

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioCopFFFR

Hello All,

I was recently traveling near Nashville and heard a net called on the 155.370 Innercity frequency. Nashville Metro ECC was the net control and was calling several area dispatch centers to include TEMA, Nashville THP,Sumner county SO, Franklin PD, the list goes on. This was around 9PM or 2100 hours. At the end of the net there was dtmf encoding and an automated voice announcing that links were disabled. Anyone in the Nashville area can elaborate on this. This is the first time I have ever heard any traffic on this channel in the Metro Nashville area. I usually hear alot of traffic on Innercity in West TN but never in Middle TN.

Thanks,
Adam

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Called Intercity it is a simplex net where various public safety entities can communicate. Strictly base to base.

nashscan

And it's loud and annoying when the supervisor is doing the net. I've never heard our agency using the intercity frequency for anything other than test purposes.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
As part of a Homeland Security grant the district in Nashville upgraded / added Intercity stations to their dispatch centers as a backup communications route. They have a routine net on the channel to verify everyone's station is operational.
Intercity is not used in Middle and East Tennessee as much as it is in West TN. Most dispatch centers in the West use the channel to call in crashes to their respective THP dispatches, or to pass traffic to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.