Nashville Metro PD & TN Highway Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

I will be travelling to Nashville in a few weeks and I wanted to confirm that I will be able to monitor Nashville PD and the TN Highway Patrol. I have a BCD436HP.

Thanks in advance for the info!
Dave

Ware37075

I can pick up Metro with my 436 however Metro just updated the control channel so make sure you do the latest Sentinel update before you start your travel. As for the THP they do very little in Metro Davidson County. They mainly do outside the city in Nashville in rural area. If you tell me what freeways you will be traveling on i can tell you what MPD channels to monitor. Also you can get TDOT help trucks they are under Public Works. all major city's in TN uses the tdot help truck they respond to all freeway incidents. Avoid coming through Nashville between 7 am to 9 am and 430 pm to 630 pm Monday through Friday if you can help it. TDOT has a website with up to date color coded flow. TDOT also has an app.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info! I will be travelling I-81 and then I-40 from Virginia which is why I have an interest in the THP.

Ware37075

If you take 40 all the way you through Nashville you will start going through Hermitage Precinct-South Precinct-Central Precinct-West Precinct.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
THP District 5, 1 & 6 are in the TACN. Those will be the 3 districts you'll be traveling through. D5 for I-81, D1 for 40 around Knoxville & D6 for 40 west of Roane Co. Don't listen to D6 so not sure if they're active but D5 & D1 are. Listen to them all the time. The TGIDs are all accurate as far as descriptions but most traffic is on Dispatch 1 for all districts. I pick most traffic up in D5 & D1 on the Fall Branch, Green top, Knox Sharps Ridge, Knox Black Road, Oral, and Roosevelt sites

jimg

Premium Subscriber
THP District 5, 1 & 6 are in the TACN. Those will be the 3 districts you'll be traveling through. D5 for I-81, D1 for 40 around Knoxville & D6 for 40 west of Roane Co. Don't listen to D6 so not sure if they're active but D5 & D1 are. Listen to them all the time. The TGIDs are all accurate as far as descriptions but most traffic is on Dispatch 1 for all districts. I pick most traffic up in D5 & D1 on the Fall Branch, Green top, Knox Sharps Ridge, Knox Black Road, Oral, and Roosevelt sites

THP Nashville is District 3 and I think for the most part they have switched over to TACN. The talk groups and sites/frequencies are listed here in the Database. I have a GRE 800 and have downloaded all the sites/frequencies using EzScan from the RR database as one trunked system and then select one scanlist for each district's talkgroups. For example, scanlist 31 is Knoxville THP, 32 is Chattanooga THP, 33 is Nashville THP, etc., so when traveling from one "district" to another, it is simply a mater of enabling/disabling the respective talkgroup numbers, (e.g. 47001, 47002, 47003, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.