Nashville PS

Eugene

Greetings all. I will be in Nashville for a conference in May. I see FFPM571 posted in another thread that ALL of Metro Nashville PS is encrypted. I see the all PD and Fire Special OPs are encrypted, with some encryption on Fire B and C groups. But I also see there is non-encryption in Fire B and C groups. Are the non-encrypted groups for back-up or non-emergency traffic or are they used for initial dispatch and routine fireground OPs, or are they just not in use at all? Thanks in advance.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

Thanks....been away and first time I had a chance to view reply's. I was afraid of that....thanks. One less item to pack.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Depending on where the conference will be, you should consider a scanner for the event. Most larger facilities will have a radio system in place.

If I had a bucket list, a scan-expedition to Nashville to map out all the systems and frequencies found with online FCC license lookup would be on it. There are dozens of FCC licensees not mentioned or documented here at RadioRefefence that need attention.

Downtown is brimming with scanning opportunities that can help with situation awareness.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Depending on where the conference will be, you should consider a scanner for the event. Most larger facilities will have a radio system in place.

If I had a bucket list, a scan-expedition to Nashville to map out all the systems and frequencies found with online FCC license lookup would be on it. There are dozens of FCC licensees not mentioned or documented here at RadioRefefence that need attention.

Downtown is brimming with scanning opportunities that can help with situation awareness.

@Eugene - If by chance your conference is at any Gaylord (Ryman Hospitality Properties) facility, check here. 0f the twelve FCC licenses listed for zip code 37214, six are at the first link with frequency use.

I would assume that WRBS977 is the main license specific to Grand Ole Opry shows in the Opry House by this:
Eligibility
90.35a - Radios will be used in the day to day operations of the Grand Ole Opry shows.​

0ther licenses not covered here at RR are specific to Gaylord/RHP: WYV873, KXS603, KZ7002, WNBA556, & WTV873.

Plenty to monitor if you have the time.