Nashville - Renaissance DMRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

a388sig2

I'm new to DMR scanning and having a heckuva time trying to figure out systems that aren't in the Radio Reference Database.

Renaissance Hotel in Downtown Nashville has two DMR systems?
WNAT848
WPOA612

It seems that one is traditional hotel functions like maintenance, security, valet, but the second is solely event services & banquets. It sounds like WNAT848 is a DMR One Frequency (464.7750), and WPOA612 is a MotoTRBO Trunk (464.8250).

201 - Security Encrypted​
202 - Engineering​
255 - Valet​
(oddly never heard housekeeping on radio)

4 - Event Services (Banquets)​
Wondering if anyone else has similar experience scanning this property, as I'm not familiar enough with DMR scanning, and wondering if I'm even close to doing it right.

jpryor

I have not specifically scanned for this system, likely they just has one license, and added another, and did not combine to one call sign. If you don't see the traffic rotating between the two repeaters, it is likely not a 'system' just a pair of conventional DMR repeaters. The radios may still be programmed for multiple groups, slots, channels, etc if not setup as trunking. With DMR software like DSDPlus you may be able to confirm some further details, that would indicate whether trunking like capacity plus is active, or these are conventional repeaters. If trunking with capacity plus, you would see the groups rotating between both repeaters and slots. If the groups are always on the same repeater and slot, most likely conventional. If this was not in the RR database, at this point I would submit as conventional DMR unless we find evidence of being a trunked system (i'm actually not sure, possible some DMR conventional is still submitted as a system, due to the use of multiple talk groups). Have fun, I need to put the SDS100 to better use on DMR around here, and get the DSDPlus software running again. Jeff

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
WNAT848 DMR Conventional.
IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional
WPOA612 DMR Conventional also.
IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional

So, need Color Codes, and what Slots the TG's are using .

Program as DMR One Freq in most scanners, each freq as an site, with ID Search ON. Log the Color Codes, and the Timing Slots for the TG's as you ID them.

Each Freq can have several TGs on each Slot in the system. Example: Security Exterior TG 1, slot 1, Security Interior TG 2 Slot 2, Desk Ops TG 2 Slot 1, Parking Ops TG 1 Slot 2..... And so on.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I have not specifically scanned for this system, likely they just has one license, and added another, and did not combine to one call sign. If you don't see the traffic rotating between the two repeaters, it is likely not a 'system' just a pair of conventional DMR repeaters. The radios may still be programmed for multiple groups, slots, channels, etc if not setup as trunking. With DMR software like DSDPlus you may be able to confirm some further details, that would indicate whether trunking like capacity plus is active, or these are conventional repeaters. If trunking with capacity plus, you would see the groups rotating between both repeaters and slots. If the groups are always on the same repeater and slot, most likely conventional. If this was not in the RR database, at this point I would submit as conventional DMR unless we find evidence of being a trunked system (i'm actually not sure, possible some DMR conventional is still submitted as a system, due to the use of multiple talk groups). Have fun, I need to put the SDS100 to better use on DMR around here, and get the DSDPlus software running again. Jeff
Any radio set up is a system, just this would be an 2 freq DMR conventional single site system. Which as we always do, will end up listed with a listing for EACH TG in use on EACH freq and TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.