Nassau and 5 ships, Carnival Freedom, Sunshine, Glory, RC Allure of the Seas, NCL Breakaway

Computrguy

Booked another $100 cruise and got a good amount of info. I am confident of some and a guess on some others. See attached.
And for the naysayers saying you can't bring the scanner (SDS100) on board I call BS. This is like my 20th cruise in the last 2 years and not had any problems. In fact, this cruise was booked 24 hours before departure. This entitled me to get 3 inspections by security before I boarded. No questions at all.
I've boarded in Miami, Port Canaveral, Portugal and Italy in those 2 years.
Also interesting (my observation) that the UID remains constant on Carnival and looks like a radio id on NCL.

Attachments

• Nassau.JPG
    Nassau.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 100

ecps92

Booked another $100 cruise and got a good amount of info. I am confident of some and a guess on some others. See attached.
And for the naysayers saying you can't bring the scanner (SDS100) on board I call BS. This is like my 20th cruise in the last 2 years and not had any problems. In fact, this cruise was booked 24 hours before departure. This entitled me to get 3 inspections by security before I boarded. No questions at all.
I've boarded in Miami, Port Canaveral, Portugal and Italy in those 2 years.
Also interesting (my observation) that the UID remains constant on Carnival and looks like a radio id on NCL.
You are lucky, there have been some of us who have had our radios confiscated and returned upon arrival back in port. YMMV is what many of us have said

Computrguy

You are lucky, there have been some of us who have had our radios confiscated and returned upon arrival back in port. YMMV is what many of us have said
I've read on here of such things.
Would be great if people who have added context as to what port and which cruise line this happened on.
I've had no issues on Carnival, NCL and MSC.
And in the end, if they only confiscate it for the cruise it is not the end of the world. If they tried to take it and not return it then a completely different story.

ecps92

I've read on here of such things.
Would be great if people who have added context as to what port and which cruise line this happened on.
I've had no issues on Carnival, NCL and MSC.
And in the end, if they only confiscate it for the cruise it is not the end of the world. If they tried to take it and not return it then a completely different story.
Many of us have put the Cruise lines in the thread, my two were Royal Caribbean and the sister line of Celebrity
True not the end of the world, if you return to the same Cruiseport as it is generally kept "off the ship"

rkm1215

Awesome job Computrguy! I was on one of those ships in port recently. I also got 457.5375 with same info as .575, but was unattended so since it's a splinter frequency unconfirmed. I manually checked splinter freqs around some of the other freqs and didn't get hits. I'll research and can also post my files as I'm not the best at discerning what's being said.

rkm1215

My guess is maybe Carnival only uses the repeater ID for UID (less config needed for programming ea radio) whereas NCL uses the actual RID for each radio.

rkm1215

Captured 457.6250 w/ TG 261, UID 345, and CC11 so obvious whose that is from Post #1. Not sure on 457.6375 CC14, TG 101, UID 1, and separately partial decode of 467.55 CC12 w/ mention of medical, but expect it's Carnival too.

Computrguy

What I have found cruising a bunch the past two years and looking at the data from multiple ships across multiple lines is they will usually follow a pattern. CC, Freq and Slot being the most obvious. If you go back and look at my posts you can probably see what I am talking about. Each line has their own pattern from what I see.