Nassau county fire 5th/8th battalion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knicksfan96

Does anyone know what frequencies Nassau county FD 5th/8th battalions use to communicate to dispatch? I hear departments such as Great Neck and Glen Cove tone out on 46.10 but then never hear any units talking to dispatch.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Depends. Depts dispatched by Firecom can talk to them on 46.12 or maybe their own frequency like I believe Roslyn does. Some depts like Syosset, Glen Cove and Manhasset-Lakeville have their own dispatchers can talk on their own freqs or can use the county freq of 46.12. Sea Cliff is dispatched by Glen Cove FD.

Knicksfan96

Depends. Depts dispatched by Firecom can talk to them on 46.12 or maybe their own frequency like I believe Roslyn does. Some depts like Syosset, Glen Cove and Manhasset-Lakeville have their own dispatchers can talk on their own freqs or can use the county freq of 46.12. Sea Cliff is dispatched by Glen Cove FD.
Do you know if those north shore departments frequencies are expired? I plugged a bunch of them in but haven't heard anything on them. Could it be I'm out of range? I'm located closer to the south shore of Nassau

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Do you know if those north shore departments frequencies are expired? I plugged a bunch of them in but haven't heard anything on them. Could it be I'm out of range? I'm located closer to the south shore of Nassau

What frequencies in particular are you having issues receiving?

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
If you're trying to receive a fire-ground freq (which is usually and supposed to be in simplex, non-repeated) you have be be on scene or close to the scene to hear any action, as the radios are not using a repeater and are just going point-to-point.

Who freq can't you hear and where are you listening from? Ex. If you're in Bayville trying to listen to Inwood on a handheld, might not work

Knicksfan96

What frequencies in particular are you having issues receiving?
Pretty much any extreme north shore department. Roslyn and syosset are 2 departments I can hear fine. Glen cove, Great Neck, Pt Washington etc..their frequencies I've put in and haven't heard a thing. I'm thinking maybe all of their frequencies are expired?

Knicksfan96

If you're trying to receive a fire-ground freq (which is usually and supposed to be in simplex, non-repeated) you have be be on scene or close to the scene to hear any action, as the radios are not using a repeater and are just going point-to-point.

Who freq can't you hear and where are you listening from? Ex. If you're in Bayville trying to listen to Inwood on a handheld, might not work
I'm in the East Meadow Bellmore area, the fireground frequencies I understand that I have to be pretty close to the scene. Just curious if departments such as Glen Cove and Pt Washington frequencies have expired cause I've plugged a bunch in and never hear any units giving 21s or reports to dispatch.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Base or handheld? Antenna inside or out?

Being that low band is phasing out my info might be a little outdated, as a lot of things are changing. But those depts used to tone out on 46.10 and talk on 46.12. Then switch to their own freq for on scene comms.

Those vhf channels like PW and GN might be tac simplex firegrounds and not repeated. I think ML Vhf was repeated, as I used to hear it from good distances.

I think Firecom is toning out PW on 453.875 now, I’m not sure if they’re taking to firecom on 46.12 or a new freq.

Glen Cove, put in all of those UHF freqs and see what you hear. They used to tone on 46.10 and respond on 46.12 as well. On scene comms would take place on their own freqs usually.

You’re also a good distance from those areas

Knicksfan96

Thanks for the response, yeah I can hear all those departments tone out pretty well on 453.875 and 453.325 but after tones I hear nothing else. Could be because it's a hand held and I mostly use it inside. Also like you said I'm not the closest to those departments

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Yeah, with a handheld inside - you're going to be pretty limited. Get a base, especially with an outdoor antenna mounted on the roof if you want to increase the amount you can hear. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.