NASSAU COUNTY P25 Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Was in Nassau briefly today and spotted what looked like transmissions on talkgroup 5010 in the clear with 981 and 982 going to a location, couldn't write down specifics. Anyone have any info?

Last edited:

CqDx

800 MHz Site. There was definitely a new user with 81xxxx and 3700xxx series radio IDs and 5001-5012 talk groups. The 3700xxx series seems like to be console IDs. I'm too far away to get any decent audio decodes but they are in the clear

warren

Thx. That's what it sounded like but unit ids did not correspond to anything I had for NC Sheriff but I do not monitor them. Thought I heard something on 5001 or 5002 as well.

CqDx

Here was my post back in early 2019 (time flies!) on one of the county public budget materials.

The Countywide Radio System (98130) funds improvements to the system that is used by various
County agencies, as well as local fire departments and other first responders. The proposed budget
allocates $3.0 million in 2019. The 800 MHz system, an Eastern Communications system, will be
replaced with a Motorola system. According to DPW, the work has already been started and it is
anticipated that the remainder of this project will be completed in 2019. This project is for the radio
system used by the County’s Correctional Center, Sheriff’s Department, Office of Emergency
Management, and DPW. It is also utilized by all Volunteer Fire Departments in the County as well as
Village DPWs, and many other entities for emergency and administrative communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.