Nassau county police ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
i'll be up to new york visiting family this month it's been a year since i moved out of nyc & when i lived there i only scanned nypd i had no interested in scanning Nassau county, My question is the database has nassau county pd as being encrypted but yet there a live feed for it..? so what system are they using at this time?

thanks

Nassau County Police Trunking System, Mineola, New York - Scanner Frequencies

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Nassau is still in the clear on their legacy frequencies. The new 500Mhz TRS is up and talk groups and UIDs will display, just on voice. Your freedom to listen will end soon.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
okay thank you so should i even program in the 500mhz trs? or just stick to the old stuff

bkantor

I've been monitoring the traffic on the 500Mhz sites and only been able to hear the encrypted traffic so far (have a PSR800, so I get the scrambled voice followed by a telephone busy signal). The old 477-478Mhz sites are still active, so I guess we'd better enjoy them while we can.

bezking

The old freqs are there only temporarily - they will be turned off after the TRS is fully tested.

W2NJS

Does anyone except me remember when the NCPD dispatch was on 2.5 mHz AM? Now THAT was a signal that was heard no matter where you were in the county! KEB237 from the tower on the Police HQ in Mineola.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Right now, NCPD is operating on their 500 Mhz Encrypted P25 system. If you hear them move over to channel C-x, you know they are off the 500Mhz system and back on the "legacy" UHF channels.

The UHF channels are setup to simulcast their related talk groups on the Trunk System, but it isn't a 1 to 1 match. There will be times where they move to groups that don't have a UHF Simulcast. Another way to tell they are on the 500 Mhz system is to listen. You can 'hear' the digital in their voices. To me, it doesn't sound natural.

I have been logging the 500Mhz trunk system for about 2 years now. I have a PRO-2096 logging with PRO96COM. I would say only 2 - 3 talk groups are not encrypted, and they seem to be used for the radio repair guys.

I have been updating the RR Database as I can tell what groups marry up to what function, but again - hard to do when you can't hear them.

On my website, I have 16 pages of updates that I have logged and others have contributed in one way or another. You may want to start at page 16 and work backwards (I know it is a lot). Here is the link: http://www.w2lie.net/apps/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?3890

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Squad - It doesn't make sence nor is it justifiable. There is no law preventing it so public be dammed! Your police force can now hide it's real time communications and anyone who objects is labled at worst a terrorist sympthizer and at least anti-cop. First it was the Patriot Act now Encryption. Get ready to show your bar coded Federal ID at the state line before your allowed to pass. No one in this country is willing to give their lives so the rest of us can continue to enjoy the freedoms only America offers, they just want to go to the mall and spend their checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.