Nassau County VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio5390

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Looking for an up to date list of VHF Fire/EMS frequencies used in Nassau. I know 154.115 is active for paging a few of the VAC’s and Hatzolah’s 151.8425 is active.

Thanks in advance.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Everything in the db was up to date and accurate at some point. What part of Nassau are you in?

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Besides the EMS only 154.115 you mentioned, the only FD's that really use Vhf I believe are in the 8th Battalion. Mostly fire-ground non-repeated freqs I believe. Most depts use UHF or Low Band to tone out & operate on. Garden City might still tone out & talk to Firecom on VHF 154.815 but they recently acquired a UHF fireground so I'm not sure if they fully switched over. Freeport has or use to have 155.100 for alerting/ops but I think they've fully switched to UHF.

But most of the action is on UHF & low band still.

Radio5390

Premium Subscriber
Besides the EMS only 154.115 you mentioned, the only FD's that really use Vhf I believe are in the 8th Battalion. Mostly fire-ground non-repeated freqs I believe. Most depts use UHF or Low Band to tone out & operate on. Garden City might still tone out & talk to Firecom on VHF 154.815 but they recently acquired a UHF fireground so I'm not sure if they fully switched over. Freeport has or use to have 155.100 for alerting/ops but I think they've fully switched to UHF.

But most of the action is on UHF & low band still.

Thank you for that response. Does the NYU EMS that is contracted to serve Garden City still use the old PD frequency?

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
They are on a VHF freq in contact with GCPD, not sure what freq they're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.