Nassau rescue groups get $661G FEMA grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

innokuous1

Premium Subscriber
The Newsday article doesn't specifically mention the equipment purchase is to comply with the narrowbanding deadline, and if it's not that, what else could it be?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The Newsday article doesn't specifically mention the equipment purchase.

Newsday, I mean looseday is a R A G and rarely prints stories that actually contain all the details.

I heard thru the grape vine that Charles Schumer will be at Floral Park Fire House at 9 am to make a news conference..

"The money will help the departments meet a federal mandate that requires all emergency radio equipment to operate on a new frequency that the departments' communications systems do not currently support,"

A new freq? Just one? What freq is this?

"The cost of the new equipment breaks down to about $8,000 per ambulance, he said."

Is this just for ambulance's, or are fire trucks getting radios also?

And on fios http://fios1news.com/longisland/node/11295

Last edited:

W2NJS

Since when is $661,000 abbreviated as $661G? I thought it was $661K. The press couldn't get a tech-based story right if their life depended on it, anyway. One frequency for all of Nassau County EMS?
What a laugh.

iamhere300

Since when is $661,000 abbreviated as $661G? I thought it was $661K. The press couldn't get a tech-based story right if their life depended on it, anyway. One frequency for all of Nassau County EMS?
What a laugh.

A "G" is street for a grand. Civilized people call it 1k.

Status
Not open for further replies.