NASWA combined schedules available

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I've mentioned in previous posts that Dan Ferguson K4VOA (yes, he's the trustee of the VOA ham station) has been assembling an Excel spreadsheet which contains schedule updates from several of the sites that publish them - including Prime Time SW, the HFCC, EiBi and a couple of others.

He has decided to put out the July 10th edition on what appears to be a temporary website in hopes, I'm sure, of attracting new members for NASWA. I should note that you will need a good unzipper such as WinZip or 7zFM to uncompress the file, and of course, Excel or similar to read it.

The URL for the website is:

NASWA STUFF

with the unrest in Iran and the kook in N Korea acting up it's timely information. I don't know how long this website will stick around, so get it while you can.

73 Mike

SCPD

QRT
Wow that's very clever and detailed. I have something like this for my personal use but it's not nearly as complete. Good find.

k9rzz

FYI, when you download it, it's 'read only'. I copied and pasted the whole thing to a new spreadsheet (Open Office - freeware) and now I can type in the current time and see which stations are on the air.

Put on my laptop, this is great for in the car.

FB OM !

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just as a side note - I downloaded it from that site, and it's not read only to me. Maybe because I'm a NASWA member, or perhaps something in Open Office? Dunno - but I can key in that time cell at the top, no sweat.

This isn't a small effort, that's for sure. 73 Mike

k4voa

Actually, the trustee of K3VOA, the VOA ARC, is K3HU, Hubert Katz. I grabbed the K4VOA call several years ago when I was VOA/IBB Freq Mgr and discovered the call was available.

The real work on the combined skeds is done by the people who create the original lists - the Nagoya DX Club in Japan (the Aoki list), Eike Bierwirth (the EiBi list), Ernest Riley (the PTSW list) and the Frequency Managers of the HFCC (the HFCC public list). I just import and combine them, and a few other lists direct from broadcasters into a single spreadsheet. NASWA's Kevin Mikell wrote some of the routines I use to simplify the combining work.

I think Excel viewers won't handle changing the current time and recalculating the "ON" column, but Excel itself or Open Office Calc will. It seems slower to me in OO Calc.

DanF

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hi Dan - thanx for the correction. Good to know we have a couple of NASWA folks here. As you can see, your little project is somewhat popular, hi I know I like it...73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.