NASWA spreadsheet and Open Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I have an Open Office user that is having problems with the NASWA spreadsheet. He claims that the spreadsheet in Open Office crashes when trying to use it.

I don't have OO, so I have no guidance or ideas as to why this would be happening. I know a couple of folks here use OO with the spreadsheet with no problem, so what's the secret? Is it an issue with the version? Do you need to do some sort of conversion or adjustment?

No, I don't think it's Jedi Magic, hi :D

73 Mike

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have OpenOffice and can try to peek at it if you like, though I don't have a clue what the sheet is used for. :)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
My version of OO (3.1.1) paused around 2/3 loaded for a moment, but then finished loading without problems. When it opened, it warned me that there were macros - my OO installation is set to the default to disable macros unless I explicitly turn them on. That might be it.

I did try to set the UTC time and such, and browsed through the pages in the workbook, but nothing looked out of place.

The only other thing I've found a problem with lately with OO and/or Excel is that Microsoft's translator for OpenDocument format files in Office 2k7 appears to be broken. When I open an ODS (OpenDocument Spreadsheet) file in Excel 2007, it looks okay, but when I save it and then reopen it in OO, all the equations have msoxl: prefixing the equations. For example, what previously was =SUM(A2:B3) would appear as msoxl:=SUM(A2:B3).

k9rzz

I use OO and I believe that the orig. is 'read only' and I usually copy it to a new one. No problems here.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks all. I passed the comments about being up to date with the version and the macros over on the RX320 list, which is where the question came up. Hopefully that will clear things up. It's much too useful not to have around 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.