Natchez Trace parkway frequency change

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpryor

The Natchez Trace parkway made a frequency change in the past month or so. I used to be able to hear 162.1625 and 165.6000 both with NAC 293 from the northern terminus bending chestnut repeater site. The new repeater outputs I am now hearing from Middle TN are 171.1625 NAC 574 and 171.6750 NAC 570. The 171.1625 is carrying the law enforcement ranger traffic, with mostly encrypted but sometimes still some clear radios. The radio IDs that are active and consistent with what had been activity prior to this most recent frequency change.

Looking for folks in the MS sections of the parkway to confirm if similar frequency changes, and the new alternate frequency pairs, along with NAC if consistency across the system by frequency. Also if any activity may still be on the 162-166 frequencies, possibly inverted and now repeater inputs? And from there submit updates as needed to the DB/wiki.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Are they still being dispatched overnight by Lee County Communications in MS? For most of the time I monitored them, from about 10 pm CST until 6 am CST dispatching was taken over from the Feds by LCC (LCSO) and was in the clear, even after they went P25, and went almost full time E.

ecps92

First thought is NTIA caught up with them and made them adjust their pairs to conform

The Natchez Trace parkway made a frequency change in the past month or so. I used to be able to hear 162.1625 and 165.6000 both with NAC 293 from the northern terminus bending chestnut repeater site. The new repeater outputs I am now hearing from Middle TN are 171.1625 NAC 574 and 171.6750 NAC 570. The 171.1625 is carrying the law enforcement ranger traffic, with mostly encrypted but sometimes still some clear radios. The radio IDs that are active and consistent with what had been activity prior to this most recent frequency change.

Looking for folks in the MS sections of the parkway to confirm if similar frequency changes, and the new alternate frequency pairs, along with NAC if consistency across the system by frequency. Also if any activity may still be on the 162-166 frequencies, possibly inverted and now repeater inputs? And from there submit updates as needed to the DB/wiki.

jpryor

Lee County is on the parkway's Law Enforcement repeater pairs when dispatching and talking to the park law enforcement units. Lee County goes by "911" and Radio ID is 911. Much more is routinely encrypted now so not heard all that often. I had only heard from their radio ID 911 in the clear one random overnight around 2AM this past month. Not sure how many units are active during night hours, but do see some units at times in clear during overnight hours, and suspect that Lee County is still 'dispatching' over night. The regular dispatchers "700" can be heard around 6AM in the morning saying good morning to their units when they get on the air (Radio IDs 5570700 and 5570701).

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
They changed up call then. Used to say " Lee County Communications" :)

TRamrod38

I'm about 60 miles from Nashville and monitored the 171.1625 and 171.675. I hear a little traffic on 171.1625 but garbled from time to time like its a distance away from the repeater and nothing on the 171.675

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Hey if you use the #36HP, SDS #s or any TRX X. Please send them to me some of the audio files associated with system.

Here's my email fuller at gmail.com

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
171.6750 NAC 570 encrypted is verified in the Alabama portion, Mynot repeater, of the Trace.

Bums me out since that was a former input I had programmed just to know when Rangers were close.

171.675 & 171.775 were the first frequencies I listened to the Natchez Trace on beginning in the early eighties. As I understood, the two were alternated between repeaters park wide with a single input of 172.675.

Back before, and even during, Lee County as the primary after business hours contact, THP Lawrenceburg & AST Quad*Cities Posts had and used a Trace radio for NPS coverage & mutual aid. There was still a radio at the Quad*Cites Post in late 2005. Unfortunately it was taken out by a lightening strike about a month or two before i retired. Since I was the only one still listening and responding on it, I don’t think it was ever replaced.

jpryor

Hey if you use the #36HP, SDS #s or any TRX X. Please send them to me some of the audio files associated with system.

Here's my email fuller at gmail.com

Sent you a message with info on what I have logged in the clear via ID Tracker III from the past few years if that would be useful.

I still get a bit of law enforcement in the clear every day from the northern end. I used to hear more frequent fire and maintenance traffic in the past in the clear, but not in the recent years, either not active this far north, or more encrypted than in the past. The P25 repeater output pairs I do hear are pretty chatty with brief data messages as well, I suspect presence and/or location info being sent. Maybe tower sites are only active now if radios are active in those areas as well, versus simulcast full time on all tower sites.

jpryor

171.6750 NAC 570 encrypted is verified in the Alabama portion, Mynot repeater, of the Trace.

Bums me out since that was a former input I had programmed just to know when Rangers were close.

171.675 & 171.775 were the first frequencies I listened to the Natchez Trace on beginning in the early eighties. As I understood, the two were alternated between repeaters park wide with a single input of 172.675.

Back before, and even during, Lee County as the primary after business hours contact, THP Lawrenceburg & AST Quad*Cities Posts had and used a Trace radio for NPS coverage & mutual aid. There was still a radio at the Quad*Cites Post in late 2005. Unfortunately it was taken out by a lightening strike about a month or two before i retired. Since I was the only one still listening and responding on it, I don’t think it was ever replaced.

Best to check the 162/163 MHz frequencies, if all they did was invert the repeaters, those could be new inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.