• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

National C.B. Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPrine

When I bought my Uniden CB recently, in the box was a recruiting ad from the "National Citizen's Band Center", which I looked over briefly.

Are these people for real?

"Included with your membership is a wall certificate, wallet ID, emergency vehicle visor card and bumper sticker"...

WHAT? "Emergency Vehicle Visor Card'?

And this...

"Have you ever had a CB radio call sign?

If yes, what was it?

DO YOU WANT THE CALL RE-ISSUED TO YOU?

What, these people think they have authority to 're-issue' call signs?

No thanks, folks, you might mean well, but I didn't fall off the turnip truck, etc.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
You would think that for a membership fee of almost $25, they could invest some of that into a better website. Looks like the website is stuck in the 80's, like the Brady Bunch and CB radio. Looks like the $25 doesn't really go into anything worthwhile.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That's absolutely whackertastic, a must join!

"Looks like the $25 doesn't really go into anything worthwhile."
Au contraire, my wallet is very worthwhile and I'm sure others feel the same.

"5. Official list of CB codes and jargon."
Oh goodie, learn to talk like a real honest to goodness troglodyte booger person.

"13. Participate in on-the-air contests and win great prizes."
At a shootout in da bowl you can expose yourself to intense RF radiation, fry your brain, mutate your genes and produce grotesque, retarded offspring.

All this raises the question; who's the numnut put the turd in the box?

elk2370bruce

P T Barnum was right! I bet some newbies actually fall for this scam and thats what keeps these clowns alive and laughing all the way to the bank. Why the hell does the manufacturer go along with this? Probably gets paid to stuff the useless brochure in the box! If enough people complain to the manufacturer, maybe positive change can occur.

"Oh goodie, learn to talk like a real honest to goodness troglodyte booger person" That is quote is worthy of Sam Kinnison or George Carlin. I love the way it just rolls off the tongue. Great amd creative phrasing Warren. I wish I had thought of it!

Last edited:

n5ims

I wonder what it would take to do something like this for scanner buffs. Since the registration would be meaningless, just like the callsigns that would be issued, we could charge the only $24.95. This would be for the basic package where you print the confirmation notice with your "Scanner License" on the top, your "Official Emergency Monitoring Vehicle" car window certificate in the center, and your "Emergency Communications Expert" ID card on the bottom. Extra cost items would include "vanity callsign" ($25.00), "custom printed" information ($10.00 + S/H), "custom printed and laminated" information ($25.00 + S/H), etc.

gewecke

Banned
Why? Do we need recognition just because we listen to a scanner?:roll:
Besides this was already done by a book group called CRB Research.
n9zas

kb2vxa

Banned
Sorry to stick a pin in your balloon elk but I stole that phrase from another forum site. I did come up with a picture though and here it is for your enjoyment, your very on trog to have and to hold, to love and cherish forever.

Last edited:

Squad10

You should carry this to be official, I did!

Attachments

• uncle_id3a.jpg
    uncle_id3a.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,873

CompuDoc

12. QSL card bureau.

Wow this sounds like fun. Who will you get the card from a neighbor or someone 5 miles away.

13. Participate in on-the-air contests and win great prizes.

What's the contest seeing if you can actually talk to someone on the CB besides the truckers?. Here is the host of the contests in the picture below.

14. National CB Jamboree.

Wow, Another can't miss event. I bet this draws a really big crowd of about 5 people every year.

15. Let your voice he heard. Be part of a club that stands up for CB in Washington DC.

Another fine benefit of $24.95, Yes we need people that stands up for CB in Washinton DC. Hey bone heads haven't you heard the CB has already been deregulated?.

Attachments

• cbsheila1981.jpg
    cbsheila1981.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,664

JamesPrine

I think I'm going to splurge and join this worthy organization. I've always wanted an "official" CB callsign, the one the FCC issued me is so old, it withered away in their database, and besides, I've always wanted to attend a National CB Jamboree.

I wonder if they'll have an airstrip or small airport nearby for fly-ins?

The idea of having an "Official Emergency Vehicle" visor card for my vehicle is a great idea, then I can get myself a siren and a blue light and run around stopping people and fining them for various infractions.

Oh goody goody...

elk2370bruce

I can't wait for the National CB Jamboree.Sounds like a real barn burner!

Wow!!! Overpriced beer, glass-jug bottled shine, and overcooked hotdogs. For an extra charge, we can provide vehicle gun rack locks, cracker-accent lessons for northerners (Burt Reynolds School Graduates are teaching), and installation of their Lin-YAR Apple-Fliers. Anything over 15 KW will incur a 50% surcharge. I also have some se-len-a-mum rectal-flyer parts for sale.

TheSpaceMan

When I bought my Uniden CB recently, in the box was a recruiting ad from the "National Citizen's Band Center", which I looked over briefly.

Are these people for real?

"Included with your membership is a wall certificate, wallet ID, emergency vehicle visor card and bumper sticker"...

WHAT? "Emergency Vehicle Visor Card'?

And this...

"Have you ever had a CB radio call sign?

If yes, what was it?

DO YOU WANT THE CALL RE-ISSUED TO YOU?

What, these people think they have authority to 're-issue' call signs?

No thanks, folks, you might mean well, but I didn't fall off the turnip truck, etc.
Not a bad gimmick! Betcha these characters are making a pile of money! Hey, when I was a kid I joined the Interplanetary Space Squadron for only $1. Still have my certificate, card, and pin!! :)

zoran888

Citizen's Band Center is a scam.

They claim to be able to retrieve your old call signs before the FCC eliminated license requirement around 1983 when CBs went from 5w 23 ch, to 4w 40ch.

Their claim to have the ability or database to retrieve your old call signs are a lie. I just got a letter back from the FCC stating that they no longer have the records of Citizens Band call signs from back when a license's were required, futhermore, they threatened me with having to pay for any other inquiries regarding the matter.

So much for the good ol' USA "Freedom of Information Act".....bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.