National Cherry Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
You'd think I'd know this, but nooo.

Has anyone got the frequencies they use for communications during the National Cherry Festival here in Traverse City? I'm working up in that area this week and I thought it would be nice to hear what's going on down the street.

Thanks!

NVanW27

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Brick wall being the fact being I don't have a Digital Scanner. Weren't there some frequencies floating around the database a while ago?

What is it you're trying to monitor? Public Safety is not likely using any analog these days. FRS/GMRS/MURS/Marine/2M Ham might have some tourist activity.

Most of these are no longer in use I would imagine:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1254

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
What is it you're trying to monitor? Public Safety is not likely using any analog these days. FRS/GMRS/MURS/Marine/2M Ham might have some tourist activity.

Most of these are no longer in use I would imagine:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1254

Main thing i'm trying to hear are the workers communicating, such as the parade or events coordinators. I thought last year they were using a mix of Kenwood TK-8180s and 3180s, with a few bubble packs thrown in?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What scanner are you using? Does it have something like Uniden's Close Call feature? Have you tried just searching bands for a range of frequencies?

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
What scanner are you using? Does it have something like Uniden's Close Call feature? Have you tried just searching bands for a range of frequencies?

A Baofeng UV-5R. No it does not have close call. I’m not sure how to carry that out. And no, I can’t transmit on frequencies. I specifically disconnected the talk button for that purpose.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
A Baofeng UV-5R. No it does not have close call. I’m not sure how to carry that out. And no, I can’t transmit on frequencies. I specifically disconnected the talk button for that purpose.

You could have saved us both a lot of time if you would have provided some details in your original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.